iphone 4 unlock

Contributor

iphone 4 unlock

hello, I'm an Italian engineer; I was two months in New York to work. Here I bought an iphone and a card at & t. But once the internship ended, I returned to Italy. Now i cant use my iphone in Italy because at&t isn't here. Can i unlock my iphone? I have bought it without a contract, and payed 599$. I need to use it with another operator here in Italy. Please send me an answer Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 3 (1,570 Views)
Professor

Re: iphone 4 unlock

artic84 wrote:

hello, I'm an Italian engineer; I was two months in New York to work. Here I bought an iphone and a card at & t. But once the internship ended, I returned to Italy. Now i cant use my iphone in Italy because at&t isn't here. Can i unlock my iphone? I have bought it without a contract, and payed 599$. I need to use it with another operator here in Italy. Please send me an answer Smiley Very Happy

AT&T or Apple will not unlock your iphone its for  AT&T only.   this has been posted many of times.

Message 2 of 3 (1,556 Views)
Professor

Re: iphone 4 unlock

All iphones sold in the US are locked to US AT&T and neither Apple nor AT&T will unlock them.  Doesn't matter what you paid for it or whether you have a contract or not.  You only options are to sell it and get a phone that works in Italy, or unlock it on you own (which can't be discussed here).

Message 3 of 3 (1,476 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.