iphone 3gs passcode lock

Contributor

iphone 3gs passcode lock

help! my child put a passcode lock on his phone and forgot it. now phone is diabled and says to connect to itunes, when i connect to itunes it says i have to put passcode in first before it will connect. if i knew the passcode i wouldn't be in this situation. can someone help me please. thanksSmiley Sad

Message 1 of 3 (3,584 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: iphone 3gs passcode lock

But I read a post in "another" forum, it says hold the home button and power button, the same time until a "Yellow Hazard Triangle" appears (25 seconds)  Then connect to itunes it will prompt to restore. If that don't work, you have to make an appointment at Genius bar at a Apple Store. Good luck.Smiley Indifferent

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (3,553 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: iphone 3gs passcode lock

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212

If you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your device using the computer with which you last synced it. This allows you to reset your passcode and resync the data from the device (or restore from a backup). If you restore on a different computer that was never synced with the device, you will be able to unlock the device for use and remove the passcode, but your data will not be present. Refer to Updating and restoring iPhone and iPod touch software.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (3,534 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.