Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 1, 2011
6:21:55 PM
View profile
iphone 3G recently stopped connecting to wireless at&t router

I installed the microcell awhile ago.  Not sure if that's part of the problem.  My iphone won't connect to my at&t 2wire router.  I even removed security altogether (after trying lots of new wep passwords).  The iphone saw the router -- and even that it was unsecured -- but it still said it couldn't connect with it.

I've tried resetting iphone network settings and resetting the router.  Anyone know the solution?  Thanks!

I installed the microcell awhile ago.  Not sure if that's part of the problem.  My iphone won't connect to my at&t 2wire router.  I even removed security altogether (after trying lots of new wep passwords).  The iphone saw the router -- and even that it was unsecured -- but it still said it couldn't connect with it.

I've tried resetting iphone network settings and resetting the router.  Anyone know the solution?  Thanks!

iphone 3G recently stopped connecting to wireless at&t router

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2011 8:55:38 PM
(0)
Master

Is this only happening on this router?  If so, can you connect to the router with a different device? Try a restore then reload the backup.  If that fails, try a restore but setup your iPhone as new.  Your next step might be the genius bar?  

Try to rule out everything else so you are truly troubleshooting the device that is the problem.

Good Luck!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Is this only happening on this router?  If so, can you connect to the router with a different device? Try a restore then reload the backup.  If that fails, try a restore but setup your iPhone as new.  Your next step might be the genius bar?  

Try to rule out everything else so you are truly troubleshooting the device that is the problem.

Good Luck!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: iphone 3G recently stopped connecting to wireless at&t router

2 of 3 (339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 6:32:04 AM
(0)
Professor
Are you able to connect to other Wireless routers/hotspots using your iPhone?
Are you able to connect to other Wireless routers/hotspots using your iPhone?

Re: iphone 3G recently stopped connecting to wireless at&t router

3 of 3 (327 Views)