iphone 2g iphone disabled

Professor

iphone 2g iphone disabled

it says connect to itunes but i keep getting that message the iphone is locked can be accessed by itunes please unlock the iphone. my kid put a pass code in it now she foregot what she used, not its disabled. but the home button and power button hardly works now. how can i do a restore. and i have no sim card in it.

Message 1 of 7 (756 Views)

Re: iphone 2g iphone disabled

[ Edited ]

If your daughter has locked the iPhone into an unknown passcode, you can always try to put the device in recovery mode and start-over with the device's software (iOS). That'd be your only other option besides figuring out the code. To do this, turn of the phone, turn it back on while holding both the home and power buttons at the same time, now you said that they're not working to-well, so this may take a few attempts, but once succesful, connect to iTunes, it'll ask you to restore, follow the instructions and once you're finished, set-up as new. This should work.

Message 2 of 7 (734 Views)
Guru

You should restore it like Sonic said. Then jailbreak it and it will hacktivate so you wont need a sim card again

Message 3 of 7 (685 Views)
Professor

yea but i can NOT it to turn off. the power button does not work now.

Message 4 of 7 (656 Views)
Master

graphite07 wrote:

yea but i can NOT it to turn off. the power button does not work now.

It may be worth a trip to the Genius bar and see what they say?  it costs nothing for them to diagnosis the issue for you.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 7 (640 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Use RedSn0w to put it in DFU mode...

Photobucket

Message 6 of 7 (639 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

Pwned DFU ftw! Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 7 (620 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.