ios5 and iphone4

Contributor

ios5 and iphone4

Updated to ios5 on my iphone 4.....  NOW NO MICROCELL CONNECTION.....I have reset microcell took off number from devices, put number back in...Turned off phone phone back on....Every other phone works just not my iphone...So i assume its becasue of ios5 update....HELP!!!

Message 1 of 44 (4,922 Views)
Scholar

Re: ios5 and iphone4

kycop19 wrote:

Updated to ios5 on my iphone 4.....  NOW NO MICROCELL CONNECTION.....I have reset microcell took off number from devices, put number back in...Turned off phone phone back on....Every other phone works just not my iphone...So i assume its becasue of ios5 update....HELP!!!

I wish I could help, but I also have an iPhone 4 and have upgraded to IOS 5 and had no problem.

Message 2 of 44 (4,869 Views)
Teacher

Same.  Update just finished and I was immediately connected to the Microcell

Message 3 of 44 (4,862 Views)
Contributor

well heck....
Message 4 of 44 (4,857 Views)
Tutor

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS5 and it was working just fine...

However, now I have an iPhone 4S with IOS 5 and it thinks that this device is a 2G or non-3G device..

In process of restarting the microcell now.

mG

Message 5 of 44 (4,824 Views)
Contributor

My 4S is also not picking up the microcell.  Restarting didn't help.  Anyone have success with it?

Message 6 of 44 (4,764 Views)
Contributor

everything working now. Seems like it wasn't recognized as a 3g device initially.
Message 7 of 44 (4,724 Views)
Contributor

Well i ahve resett everyting done everything still no success

Message 8 of 44 (4,509 Views)
Contributor

It's not working on my end either. 

Message 9 of 44 (4,441 Views)

IOS 5 & Iphone 4 just lost my connection. Has been working fine in the past. 

Message 10 of 44 (4,429 Views)
Highlighted

Disconnected and unpluged cable box, wifi router and microcell. turned them all back on and reconnected them and now the microcell works again.Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 44 (2,831 Views)
Contributor

I haven't been able to connect to my microcell since I upgraded to iOS 5. VERY FRUSTRATING! Turned everything off and back on. Nothing. Tried airplane mode  on then off. Searching and only found the feeble one bar that caused me to get the microcell in the first place!

Message 12 of 44 (2,635 Views)
Contributor

My husband also has an iPhone 4 and has not upgraded the OS and his phone sees the microcell clearly. UGH

Message 13 of 44 (2,632 Views)

Re: ios5 and iphone4 are just fine

I bet ATT is going to jump to conclusions and blame Apple for its bad IOS5 update - Some updated Iphone4 have no issue working with ucell while uCell acts up with a lot of different phones based on its environment.

It's simply the weak uCell signal that has issue connecting with any cellphone, not only iPhones4/4S -  Imagine for a minute how far your cell phone can range to reach 2 or 3 towers in the street ... At home it has the same great range but the uCell does not! Its signal is really weak so it hardly covers your house not to bother your neighbors cellphones - I guess there is some kind of FCC limitation at play here. Whatever the limitation is Samsung makes a great uCell that just works unlike this misbehaved Cisco box. Perhaps they tested it a clean room with no obstacle while forgetting houses are made of rooms, walls, ceiling, floors... I don't know what ATT is waiting for to pull the plug or enhance this device.

I am curious to know if ATT sells the same junk box to businesses because they have it advertised on the ATT Business side.

The marketing people are busy spending engineering dollars in "Rethink Possible" campaign because what customers think is important not their service. How about invest in more towers in the first place like Verizon did so we don't need these mickey-mouse boxes all over the country sucking more electric utilities.

I got my iPhone4S with iOS5 to work A1 nice on my uCell after testing my init procedure. Before that it was B..S: hit or miss.

SF.

Message 14 of 44 (2,629 Views)

I updated all 3 of our iPhone 4's to iOS 5 and have had no issues connecting to the MicroCell.

Message 15 of 44 (2,627 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.