Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted May 14, 2012
5:50:38 AM
View profile
international roaming facility for Go phone prepaid

Hi ,

i am in international roaming currently in india  , i am not getting any signal from go phone prepaid connection .

in US i was used basic samsung A107 model is it possible to use AT/T prepaid number in india or any local sim with AT/T samsung A107 model.

it is recomended to unlock thsi basic model ? how unlock?

kindly suggest.

Hi ,

i am in international roaming currently in india  , i am not getting any signal from go phone prepaid connection .

in US i was used basic samsung A107 model is it possible to use AT/T prepaid number in india or any local sim with AT/T samsung A107 model.

it is recomended to unlock thsi basic model ? how unlock?

kindly suggest.

international roaming facility for Go phone prepaid

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 11:51:50 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on May 14, 2012 at 12:38:53 PM

That's right there is no gophone roaming in India. Your can try to get the phone unlocked if your gophone account is active. Then, you can just buy a local SIM card to use with the unlocked phone.

You may want to use chat to talk to AT&T support. If that does not work, you can try calling the 800 number using Skype. As far as I know, 800 numbers are not callable from outside the US/Canada using a landline or mobile.

That's right there is no gophone roaming in India. Your can try to get the phone unlocked if your gophone account is active. Then, you can just buy a local SIM card to use with the unlocked phone.

You may want to use chat to talk to AT&T support. If that does not work, you can try calling the 800 number using Skype. As far as I know, 800 numbers are not callable from outside the US/Canada using a landline or mobile.

Re: international roaming facility for Go phone prepaid

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,705 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 2:40:38 PM
(0)
Scholar
The A107 is a cheap ($10) dual-band phone. It's not worth the hassle of trying to unlock as I don't think Indian carriers support the 850/1900 GSM band anyway.
The A107 is a cheap ($10) dual-band phone. It's not worth the hassle of trying to unlock as I don't think Indian carriers support the 850/1900 GSM band anyway.

3 of 4 (1,674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2012 8:32:34 PM
(0)
Professor
Great fact finding!
Great fact finding!

4 of 4 (1,634 Views)