infuse fm radio

infuse fm radio

The att website says the infuse has an fm radio. I've had this phone for 3 months and still haven't found it. HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Message 1 of 24 (3,238 Views)

Re: infuse fm radio

[ Edited ]

It does NOT have FM radio capability.

Why would you want to listen to ClearChannel anyway?

The last time I was sentenced to a few hours with FM as my only source of entertainment (curse you for being lazy about moving sat subscriptions to your fleet account, Avis...), I couldn't stand it and just turned it off after 30 minutes.

Message 16 of 24 (2,656 Views)
Tutor

but it is listed as having FM radio on ATT's website...
Message 17 of 24 (2,654 Views)

No it isn't - it's not listed anywhere as having FM radio and hasn't been for ages.  The link you provided does not function.

Message 18 of 24 (2,653 Views)
Tutor

hmm when I click on the link it works. I wonder how so many other people have seen it stated on the att site that the infuse has fm but you can't see it?
Message 19 of 24 (2,651 Views)
Scholar

I checked this morning, and AT&T lists Infuse as having FM Radio. That's from my view after logging in... I don't know if that makes a difference.

We all understand the benefits of internet radio. But that doesn't have every station, and yes, it eats the data plan (which many don't have unlimited).

Sure, AT&T wants us to use more data. But then why do some smartphones have FM tuner and others don't? Why does Atrix 2 have FM tuner but AT&T's SGSII doesn't? To force for data usage, wouldn't AT&T eliminate FM tuners on all their smart phones? If not, why not have FM on all phones then? My understanding is other versions of SGSII have FM, so AT&T removed it from their version, but didn't remove it from Atrix 2? At least give me some consistency. Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 24 (2,647 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

[ Edited ]

Evil_Homer wrote:

I checked this morning, and AT&T lists Infuse as having FM Radio. That's from my view after logging in... I don't know if that makes a difference.

We all understand the benefits of internet radio. But that doesn't have every station, and yes, it eats the data plan (which many don't have unlimited).

Sure, AT&T wants us to use more data. But then why do some smartphones have FM tuner and others don't? Why does Atrix 2 have FM tuner but AT&T's SGSII doesn't? To force for data usage, wouldn't AT&T eliminate FM tuners on all their smart phones? If not, why not have FM on all phones then? My understanding is other versions of SGSII have FM, so AT&T removed it from their version, but didn't remove it from Atrix 2? At least give me some consistency. Smiley Very Happy

Don't see it here - this is a scren shot from a few monutes ago on the Infuse 4G - only one I see out there. You maybe loading from a old cache, especially if it is a deep link to the device. Suspect that you are becasue the link you posted does not function, it brings it to a premire logon screen. Think it is loading from your local cache and not a fresh load form the website

Message 21 of 24 (2,735 Views)
Scholar

My browser is set to refresh everytime I visit a page.

The page I am talking about is a device comparison after I log in to att.com. It says Infuse has FM.

I guess they didn't update it everywhere.

This just adds to the confusion.

just

Message 22 of 24 (2,726 Views)

Now THAT is odd, because AT&T acknowledged that the Galaxy S II erroneously was listed as having FM, and removed it from every page I was aware of, but whatever you're looking at says it does have it.

I can tell you, without any doubt, the Infuse does NOT have an operational (or even close to operational) FM chipset.  I think the CG2900 does have FM reception, but the antenna isn't wired, it's not enabled, and the CG2900 makes kernel hackers on XDA so miserable that you will never see FM (when we mess with the CG2900 it's to get Bluetooth working in Cyanogenmod - and once that's working, none of us are going near that monstrosity of a chipset again.)

Message 23 of 24 (2,719 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

have a feeling he is looking at the premire site that ATT neglected to update the web page, I just did a compare on the residential side of the house - no FM radio listed and the compare is different

Message 24 of 24 (2,710 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.