Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 11, 2011
5:19:13 PM
View profile
iPod Touch connects to my 2WIRE router, but I can't access the internet?

My 4G iPod touch connects to my 2WIRE router, but it won't let me go onto the internet. I know a lot of people have had this problem because I've been searching for a fix for about two days now.

I've tried deleting my DNS. I've tried forgetting the network and putting the key back in. I've tried forgetting the network and restarting my iPod. I've tried quite a few things.

Is there any chance that there are too many wireless connections connected to the router so it won't work right? I don't think this is what it is happening because I've never heard of that, but I was just wondering.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

My 4G iPod touch connects to my 2WIRE router, but it won't let me go onto the internet. I know a lot of people have had this problem because I've been searching for a fix for about two days now.

I've tried deleting my DNS. I've tried forgetting the network and putting the key back in. I've tried forgetting the network and restarting my iPod. I've tried quite a few things.

Is there any chance that there are too many wireless connections connected to the router so it won't work right? I don't think this is what it is happening because I've never heard of that, but I was just wondering.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

iPod Touch connects to my 2WIRE router, but I can't access the internet?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 7:08:27 PM
(0)
Professor

Have you tried power cycling the router?

Do you have MAC filtering set up on the router?

Have you tried power cycling the router?

Do you have MAC filtering set up on the router?

Re: iPod Touch connects to my 2WIRE router, but I can't access the internet?

2 of 3 (1,779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 7:48:03 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by scoobydoo on Jan 11, 2011 at 7:52:56 PM

I have not yet and I'm not sure. This is for my girlfriend and I told her that she woul probably be able to get it to work if she power cycled it and that if she can get on a computer then she could go into the router settings and mess with some things. For the most part I know my way around the settings in the router, but I wanted some other opinions on what I should do before I start doing things.

The problem is, she's at her friends house and her friend's dad's girlfriend is (word filter evasion) and she won't let them use the laptop. I told her about the power cycling and the girlfriend started complaning about how it might mess up her connection to her laptop (even though it wouldn't, lol).

Anyways, thanks for the reply. I'll try both of these things out and see if I can get it working. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

I have not yet and I'm not sure. This is for my girlfriend and I told her that she woul probably be able to get it to work if she power cycled it and that if she can get on a computer then she could go into the router settings and mess with some things. For the most part I know my way around the settings in the router, but I wanted some other opinions on what I should do before I start doing things.

The problem is, she's at her friends house and her friend's dad's girlfriend is (word filter evasion) and she won't let them use the laptop. I told her about the power cycling and the girlfriend started complaning about how it might mess up her connection to her laptop (even though it wouldn't, lol).

Anyways, thanks for the reply. I'll try both of these things out and see if I can get it working. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Re: iPod Touch connects to my 2WIRE router, but I can't access the internet?

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (1,768 Views)