Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 27, 2011
11:52:12 AM
View profile
iPhone5 and upgrades....

Here's the thing - purchased the iPhone4 (upgrade) the end of July.....nothing but issues....  What are the chances of just upgrading to the 5 and dumping the 4?  We're only talking a matter of 2 months...  Just curious.  

Here's the thing - purchased the iPhone4 (upgrade) the end of July.....nothing but issues....  What are the chances of just upgrading to the 5 and dumping the 4?  We're only talking a matter of 2 months...  Just curious.  

iPhone5 and upgrades....

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 12:22:44 PM
(0)
Professor

You might be able to take advantage of early upgrade options or you can always pay full retail.

As you just signed a new contract 2 months ago, you would not qualify for the full discount.

Also, at this time no new iPhone hardware has been released, only speculation about it.

You might be able to take advantage of early upgrade options or you can always pay full retail.

As you just signed a new contract 2 months ago, you would not qualify for the full discount.

Also, at this time no new iPhone hardware has been released, only speculation about it.

Re: iPhone5 and upgrades....

2 of 10 (1,917 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 1:28:33 PM
(0)
Professor
You had 30 days to return it if you weren't happy or had problems. If it's been two months, it's to late to return it and reset your upgrade. Without knowing your issues, who's to say if the next iPhone will work any better for you? Besides, your iPhone 4 is still under warranty. Have you contacted Apple to see if they can fix your issues?
You had 30 days to return it if you weren't happy or had problems. If it's been two months, it's to late to return it and reset your upgrade. Without knowing your issues, who's to say if the next iPhone will work any better for you? Besides, your iPhone 4 is still under warranty. Have you contacted Apple to see if they can fix your issues?

3 of 10 (1,893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 1:42:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

Smiley Happy Ok, an announcement of an upcoming announcement on Oct 4 was issued this morning.  Assuming this is the iPhone 4S/5, when should we expect the iPhone 4 to be discounted?  Smiley Wink

Smiley Happy Ok, an announcement of an upcoming announcement on Oct 4 was issued this morning.  Assuming this is the iPhone 4S/5, when should we expect the iPhone 4 to be discounted?  Smiley Wink

4 of 10 (1,887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 2:56:38 PM
(0)
Master
Historically after the release of the new model.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Historically after the release of the new model.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

5 of 10 (1,855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 4:21:47 PM
(0)
Professor

You can always sell the iPhone 4 on eBay or Craiglist and recoup most of the cost to put towards the cost of a new non-contract iPhone 5. Smiley Wink 

You can always sell the iPhone 4 on eBay or Craiglist and recoup most of the cost to put towards the cost of a new non-contract iPhone 5. Smiley Wink 

6 of 10 (1,820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 5:33:36 AM
(0)
Master

Peggy67 wrote:

What issues were you having with your iPhone 4? If you take it into Apple and have them look at it, they will swap it out with another iPhone 4. It will only be a Refurbished iPhone 4 however, as you are past the 30 return policy.

Peggy67 wrote:

What issues were you having with your iPhone 4? If you take it into Apple and have them look at it, they will swap it out with another iPhone 4. It will only be a Refurbished iPhone 4 however, as you are past the 30 return policy.

7 of 10 (1,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 5:59:29 AM
(0)
Scholar

Peggy67 wrote:

I say your chances aren't good. Your phone has a 12 month warranty and you can always go back to the Apple store so can be checked/repaired. They'll could give you a referbished iphone 4.  Question for you is why did you get the iphone 4 when you really wanted the next iphone? The whole world has known since this past summer that an updated phone was scheduled to be released later this year. 

Peggy67 wrote:

I say your chances aren't good. Your phone has a 12 month warranty and you can always go back to the Apple store so can be checked/repaired. They'll could give you a referbished iphone 4.  Question for you is why did you get the iphone 4 when you really wanted the next iphone? The whole world has known since this past summer that an updated phone was scheduled to be released later this year. 

8 of 10 (1,706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 9:21:25 PM
(0)
Guru

Peggy67 wrote:

No chance. You had 30 days. Trust me! i had 3 days left on my contract and i couldn't upgrade! (Usually in my circumstance its up to the manager i Believe)

All you can do is try to sell your i4 and offset the price. Or go to an Apple store and see about getting a different i4 and waiting it out. Or open up another line or use another line thats eligible.

Good Luck!

Peggy67 wrote:

No chance. You had 30 days. Trust me! i had 3 days left on my contract and i couldn't upgrade! (Usually in my circumstance its up to the manager i Believe)

All you can do is try to sell your i4 and offset the price. Or go to an Apple store and see about getting a different i4 and waiting it out. Or open up another line or use another line thats eligible.

Good Luck!

9 of 10 (1,610 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 11:15:00 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Peggy67, 

What kind of problems are you having with your iPhone4? Let us know so we can help!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Peggy67, 

What kind of problems are you having with your iPhone4? Let us know so we can help!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 10 (1,543 Views)