iPhone4s and Charging

Mentor

iPhone4s and Charging

When charging iPhone 4s, I turn it off, plug into power outlet, and leave it for 2-3 hours. Then I disconnect power cord and do nothing else.  Question is, is the phone still OFF. In other words, is it still not available for a call and ring tone? I know a call will go to Voicemail, but do not want to have it ring when I am not available. Suggestions? Thanks.

Message 1 of 24
Scholar

Re: iPhone4s and Charging

lol Really I actually assumed it was of till you entered your pin code cos it doesn't connect to

3G either till your Pin code is entered OMG I think i'll have to test that out Woman LOL

Message 16 of 24
Mentor

I said it was OFF not LOCKED. The phone is OFF and on charge, but it still rings when a call is received. I understand that we can use the "Ring/Silent" switch, and we can use the airplane mode, but isn't that awkward. If it's OFF, then why does it do anything other than charge?

Message 17 of 24
Guru

If the phone is ringing than its NOT off. If you plug the phone in THAN turn it off it will stay off.
Message 18 of 24
Professor

I suspect the reason it turns on when you plug in the cable is because it thinks you want to sync or activate the phone and it's setting up the phone for those things. That's probably how the software is designed.
Message 19 of 24
Mentor

Mystery solved - you must plug in power FIRST, then cut off phone. Now works - stays OFF until I depress ON/OFF button and hold it until slider appears. Thanks for helping.

Message 20 of 24
Guru

That's what I said in post #4!!
Message 21 of 24
Scholar

I Tested my Theory out Folks

I can say it 100% works you need to activate a Sim Pin on your phone

until you enter this Pin code the phone is off I tested it with my landline I rang my

mobile and it went to Answer phone the phone is off until you enter sim pin

I suggest you set this up and avoid the phone ringing on charge Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 24
Guru

Seems like a useless step. Just turn it off while it's charging if that's what you want.
Message 23 of 24
Highlighted
Scholar

Lol perhaps but if u plug in the charger it doesn't always
Boot up straight away it often takes 20mins to come on
So waiting if ur in a rush might always be the case Smiley Wink

Btw Sim pin works once it's booted know body is calling
U till you have entered ur phone pin code Smiley Tongue
Message 24 of 24
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support