iPhone4 from Apple Store in Phoenix at $765.00 with No Contract but phone was LOCKED

Contributor

iPhone4 from Apple Store in Phoenix at $765.00 with No Contract but phone was LOCKED

I have bought a iPhone 4 32GB from Apple STore at full price but when I came to India , I came to know that the phone is locked. It was not conveyed to us at the time of purchase. We bought this phone in Dec 2010 and now its June 2011 and we won't be able to use my iphone4. It is still lying a box with everything intact. 

I called India Apple Store to help me...when they asked me Serial Number...They said it is locked by AT&T and they will unlock the iphone.

I really appreciate and want AT&T to help me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (260 Views)
Master

Re: iPhone4 from Apple Store in Phoenix at $765.00 with No Contract but phone was LOCKED

divsbabs wrote:

I have bought a iPhone 4 32GB from Apple STore at full price but when I came to India , I came to know that the phone is locked. It was not conveyed to us at the time of purchase. We bought this phone in Dec 2010 and now its June 2011 and we won't be able to use my iphone4. It is still lying a box with everything intact. 

I called India Apple Store to help me...when they asked me Serial Number...They said it is locked by AT&T and they will unlock the iphone.

I really appreciate and want AT&T to help me.

Thanks

Try Ebay.  It is well know that iPHones sold at full price in December were sold as iPhones that do not require a contract but are still locked to the network.  Since that is the normal process here in the USA, they would not go out of their way to tell you different.  As of yesterday, Apple stores started selling iPhones that are unlocked.  They cost $50 more than what you paid.  Since you are well beyond your 30 day return period, try some unofficlal methods or try eBay to recoup some of your investment and buy a truly unlocked iPhone from Apple USA that became available yesterday.  

ATT is not going to help you and neither will Apple.  A simple search of this site would have saved you some time and an expensive purchase that does not meet your needs.

Keep in mind this is a customer to customer forum and ATT will not respond directly to your request here.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 3 (256 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: iPhone4 from Apple Store in Phoenix at $765.00 with No Contract but phone was LOCKED

Sorry to sound to short about this but a simple search of "unlock iphone" will yield the following results: http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=Board%3Aapp...

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 3 (248 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.