Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 2, 2011
1:09:22 PM
View profile
iPhone with renewing family contract
Hi, I currently I have iPhone 3G with my mom having non smartphone under one family plan that is past the two year contract. We are the only two on the family plan with no one else. My phone is old and slow so i want to get the deal from target/ radioshack for iPhone 4. If I use the upgrade choice to upgrade my iPhone 3G to iPhone 4, will my mom be able to get another iPhone at same price in the future?

What im planning to do is to get iPhone 4 now under my phone number since I have unlimited data plan and when new iPhone comes out in the future, I want to use my mother's line to get the new iPhone when it becomes available and switch the phone. That way I get to use the new iPhone while she gets to use iPhone 4. Of course no one knows when the new iPhone will come out so I need to know if what I explained is possible as well as getting the reduced phone price for renewing/ upgrading, so tht if the new phone is 200 with renewal/ new contract, she could get the phone for that price.

Hope I don't confuse people too much and explained it clearly.
Hi, I currently I have iPhone 3G with my mom having non smartphone under one family plan that is past the two year contract. We are the only two on the family plan with no one else. My phone is old and slow so i want to get the deal from target/ radioshack for iPhone 4. If I use the upgrade choice to upgrade my iPhone 3G to iPhone 4, will my mom be able to get another iPhone at same price in the future?

What im planning to do is to get iPhone 4 now under my phone number since I have unlimited data plan and when new iPhone comes out in the future, I want to use my mother's line to get the new iPhone when it becomes available and switch the phone. That way I get to use the new iPhone while she gets to use iPhone 4. Of course no one knows when the new iPhone will come out so I need to know if what I explained is possible as well as getting the reduced phone price for renewing/ upgrading, so tht if the new phone is 200 with renewal/ new contract, she could get the phone for that price.

Hope I don't confuse people too much and explained it clearly.

iPhone with renewing family contract

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2011 1:49:04 PM
(0)
Master

Yes you can use your upgrade today for you then use hers then swap iPhones without a problem.  Just call aTT to ensure that they have the right iPhones on the right number and be very clear so they do not drop your unlimited data plan in the process.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Yes you can use your upgrade today for you then use hers then swap iPhones without a problem.  Just call aTT to ensure that they have the right iPhones on the right number and be very clear so they do not drop your unlimited data plan in the process.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: iPhone with renewing family contract

2 of 2 (649 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments