iPhone vs Android

Employee

iPhone vs Android

I've used both phones, and they've both worked great as far as speed and functionality. However, I've noticed that being an iPhone user drags you into the Apple ecosystem which so far, I'm not a big fan of. For a device that was designed to be a music player, I would have hoped that getting my music files from one computer to another via my iPhone wouldn't be rocket science...but it is. 

Also, while both platforms offer 1000000000000000... apps... the only ones I want are Pandora, foursquare, facebook, and google maps. everything else is 100% garbage (in my opinion) and a waste of money. So when it comes down to it, the number of apps offered doesn't matter. 

I will say, android has really won me over with the Google Nav suite. (which replaced my GPS)... and the voice commands actually work. The iPhone doesnt seem to understand me at all. Also, with android, I have a choice of desktop software to use for syncing. iTunes is a NIGHTMARE. 

Thoughts? Opinions? 

Greetz! 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 26 (2,054 Views)
Professor

Re: iPhone vs Android

A N D R O I D. You will be glad you did. No restricted customizations like that of the other device
Message 16 of 26 (1,622 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

RicoLX wrote:
A N D R O I D. You will be glad you did. No restricted customizations like that of the other device
Such as Adobe Flash Player support. While some can argue that it is "not good", I believe it is a convenience the iPhone should already have built-in.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 17 of 26 (1,617 Views)
Professor

WB, that was one of the drawbacks that made my decision. I was used to flash and playing videos from websites and the iphone politics blocked the basic feature. So I opted for a more customizable platform that had less restrictions. Otherwise im sure the iphone is good in other ways. But once ive experienced android. I was hooked.
Message 18 of 26 (1,613 Views)
Master

I know what'cha mean. I like the iPhone and all and wouldn't mind having one, but Android just feels more like "home" to me. I've gotten so used to it that it feels like it was designed especially with me in mind.

And we all know, there's no place like home. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 19 of 26 (1,612 Views)
Professor

"Aint NO place, buddy, you said it!"
Message 20 of 26 (1,610 Views)
Professor

Granted, flash is junk. But the fact is that you need it for a lot of websites. It is a neccessary evil.
Message 21 of 26 (1,572 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Right! Saiid Fred Smiley Happy

But for the current availability for viewing web clips,vids. It is a deciding factor to purchasing a device that does or doesnt have video viewing capability
Message 22 of 26 (1,563 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to agree for the most part.  I actually prefer the iphone as a whole but Apple does pull you way, way in to the point that it is hard to change.  It's a good angle for business (obviously) but it can also create dissention.  I'm hoping iCloud will make thngs a bit more flexible.

Andriod is an excellent platform and the openess is nice.  Some manufacturers have created some really nice UI features on top (others have failed miserably) which is also cool.  I personally have major issues with Google as a company and my reliance on them in many aspects of my life....but that is another can of worms. Smiley Tongue

Message 23 of 26 (1,554 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]
Deleted by me.
Message 24 of 26 (1,538 Views)
Contributor

Just switched from an iPhone 4 to an Android. I'll never go back to the iPhone. The android is more like a computer, where the iPhone is more like a locked box. I enjoy the flexibility Android has to offer. 

Message 25 of 26 (1,509 Views)
Professor

WELCOME! to the fold...my bretheren! It is tiiime to TESTIFIIIIH! Now, raise yower hayands and say "Iiiih done UNBIT that apple!... Iiih Buhleeeeeve!"

Seriuosly, you are going to have new and exciting experiences with your new android! Wait till you begin to dig into customizations and realizing many things not possible on other devices. When you can , share some screenshots and app suggestions in the Android Community! CONGRAT5!

Message 26 of 26 (1,504 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.