iPhone upgrades on Family Plan

Scholar

iPhone upgrades on Family Plan

So I`m really confused about this. And maybe it has been answered here before but here it is again.

We are on a family plan with 2 iPhones 4 we got both of them on day 1. a 32GB and a 16GB we paid extra for 16GB since we were not eligibale so 32GB was $299 and 16GB was $399. Both activated the same day. Thats the back story.

Now here is the question. I`m checking eligibility for upgrade and it shows for the line that we bought 32GB on 11.22.2011 and for the line where we got the 16GB it shows 2.22.2011. Why ? The contracts for both lines show to end very close to each other. 32GB = 06/28/2012 and 16GB = 06/21/2012.

I dont understand this scheme at all. I was hoping to upgrade to new iPhone day 1 on both lines.... 

Thanks in advance for the responces. 

Message 1 of 24 (1,753 Views)
Scholar

Re: iPhone upgrades on Family Plan

Yeah looks like ATT doesnt care this time around... Oh well lets see how sprint is...
Message 16 of 24 (1,337 Views)
Former Community Manager

eyeless wrote:

Our family plan has the same exact problem! we have been customers with AT&T for 12 years now! never late on any of our bills and in the past it has always been about 12mo-16mo we have been able to upgrade our phones all four of them! but now we have the main line with a iphone 4 that can upgrade on the 13th, mine which has an iphone 4 on launch date can update  in feb 2012 and another one that we got the iphone 4 in like january can upgrade in november 2011!  makes no sense at all.  I would hope for long term customers there would be some type of consistent policy but you can't get a consistent answer from at&t.  The stores are more of a mess than calling 611. Ugh.  The sad truth is though you get the same pathetic customer service with any of the providers.

Hi eyeless, 

If you'd like, I'd be happy to have someone contact you directly to review your account and explain the eligibility of each of the lines on your account. 

If you'd like to speak with someone, please send me a private message with your name, account info, phone number and the best time to contact you.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 24 (1,327 Views)
Scholar

@eyeless they will just explain what you already saw, and tell you there is nothing they can do with the iPhone....
Message 18 of 24 (1,325 Views)
Former Community Manager

yozhbk wrote:
Yeah looks like ATT doesnt care this time around... Oh well lets see how sprint is...

yozhbk - I understand you're not happy with the outcome of the conversation you had and I know you're frustrated with the situation. I'm sorry we weren't able to adjust your eligibility date to get your new phone sooner. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 19 of 24 (1,321 Views)
Scholar

jamileh wrote:

yozhbk wrote:

yozhbk - I understand you're not happy with the outcome of the conversation you had and I know you're frustrated with the situation. I'm sorry we weren't able to adjust your eligibility date to get your new phone sooner. 

Not just adjust, you insisted on calling me, while I sat here and waited for the call, with out going to lunch, then when she called about 3 hours after the email was sent, she told me exactly same thing that I said in the first post, what was the point of the call ? What was the point of getting me worked up and then telling me basically you can leave our company we dont care ?

Message 20 of 24 (1,319 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

So now you are telling people to call for the same thing ? Why doesnt ATT come out with an official statement on this ?
Message 21 of 24 (1,321 Views)
Former Community Manager

I am happy to help people review their accounts to ensure eligibility is being calculated by the guidelines that apply to everyone. If there is an error, we will work to correct it. 

--------------

Message 22 of 24 (1,312 Views)
Teacher

why call? last time we called they told us to *639# each line... big help that is and then did like a 12 minute survey on how they helped us. Bleh. I would just like some consistency thats all, especially from their customer service... but they are being consitent on saying NO hahahaha.

Message 23 of 24 (1,302 Views)
Scholar

Yep absolutely agree with you !!!!!!
Message 24 of 24 (1,292 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.