iPhone upgrade switcheroo

Teacher

iPhone upgrade switcheroo

So my wife is eligible for an upgrade (she has an iPhone 3G). We were going to get an iPhone 4S, which I would use and then give her my iPhone 4. 

Is there any sort of trickery involved in this? I know that the sim card in her phone is not the same as those found in the 4.

Can we do this at home or do we need to go to the AT&T store (or the Apple store).

We plan on preordering Oct. 4. 

Thanks in advance, peeps!

Message 1 of 8 (583 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: iPhone upgrade switcheroo

Nothing?

Any suggestions?

Message 2 of 8 (517 Views)
Master

No trricks just order for her then call ATT before you activate the new phone on your line.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 8 (511 Views)
Teacher

youngjm wrote:
No trricks just order for her then call ATT before you activate the new phone on your line.

I don't have to go to the store? That would be cool! Also, would I need to take the sim card from my iPhone 4 and swap it with the iPhone 4S?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8 (498 Views)
Master

You may want to go as you will possibly need a new sim? They will give you one.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 8 (484 Views)
Teacher

Just to be sure:
My iPhone 4 is going to my wife, who has the 3G.
I will be going to the 4S.
Message 6 of 8 (477 Views)
Contributor

no trickery... You actually don't even have to go to the store. Just buy a sim cutter online off amazon or something shouldn't be more than $8. Cut the 3G sim and put that in the iphone4 and then take your sim from the iphone4 and put it in the iphone 4s.

If that doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure it will, you may have to call ATT and just tell them you switched phones and they will probably ask for the IMEI numbers whihc you can find on both phones and they should records of those as well..

Hope that helps!

Message 7 of 8 (426 Views)
Teacher

Thanks so much!
Message 8 of 8 (411 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.