iPhone number lookup or SMS access via name

Contributor

iPhone number lookup or SMS access via name

Help, I lost contact with someone that I used to talk to in another company.  She has a personal iPhone but I don't have the number, I only had her business contact.  I do not have an AT&T Wireless account myself.  I have the following questions:

 

   1. Can an AT&T Wireless customer lookup up another customer's phone number?  

   2. For SMS access, obviously I could just use her phone number, but of course since I don't have her phone number then that won't work.      

     a. So do AT&T wireless (or at least iPhone) customers typically have an alternative "personal" SMS access mechanism via email, e.g., Sally.Jones@att_domain?  

      b. What is the exact form of "att_domain", i.e., is it att-wireless, att_wireless, or what?

  

             Thanks much for your help.  

 

              Chesscrab 

Message 1 of 3 (2,270 Views)
Scholar

Re: iPhone number lookup or SMS access via name


Chesscrab wrote:

Help, I lost contact with someone that I used to talk to in another company.  She has a personal iPhone but I don't have the number, I only had her business contact.  I do not have an AT&T Wireless account myself.  I have the following questions:

 

  Chesscrab




Try that number and ask her for the number to her iPhone.

 

Chesscrab wrote:

1. Can an AT&T Wireless customer lookup up another customer's phone number?  



Chesscrab wrote:

   2. For SMS access, obviously I could just use her phone number, but of course since I don't have her phone number then that won't work.      

     a. So do AT&T wireless (or at least iPhone) customers typically have an alternative "personal" SMS access mechanism via email, e.g., Sally.Jones@att_domain?  

      b. What is the exact form of "att_domain", i.e., is it att-wireless, att_wireless, or what?

  

             Thanks much for your help.  

 

              Chesscrab 



1 No
2a Not that I know of
2b att dot com and att dot net are domains
Message 2 of 3 (2,268 Views)
Master

Re: iPhone number lookup or SMS access via name


ADSisson wrote:

Chesscrab wrote:

Help, I lost contact with someone that I used to talk to in another company.  She has a personal iPhone but I don't have the number, I only had her business contact.  I do not have an AT&T Wireless account myself.  I have the following questions:

 

  Chesscrab


Try that number and ask her for the number to her iPhone.

I have to agree.  Call her business number and ask as they will be the most efficient way. 

 

There is no way to look up her number and the personal SMS address will not work unless they went into the system and set it up (normally to block spam) and most people don't know how to.  Plus the name could be anything she wanted and does not even have to be hwe name.  You would have more luck trying Facebook or Myspace than you would sending random name variations for messages to peoples phones.

Message 3 of 3 (2,153 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.