Helpful Links

iPhone in the USVI?

Contributor

iPhone in the USVI?

We have the iPhone - does anyone know if the phone, including e-mail and apps like facebook will work in the USVI?  We'll be traveling to St. John and I want to know if I'll be able to keep in touch with work and family back home.  If it does work, are there additional charges?

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: iPhone in the USVI?

The US Virgin Islands is in the domestic coverage area and there should not be any extra charges for voice or data.

I read of one person actually getting international charges because they connected to a non-US tower, British Virgin Islands or something like that.  To be safe on the towers your connecting to (for those that are paranoid like I am), you can ask ATT to add the "4EON" feature code to your line(s).  This way if you connect to a non-US tower you will see "Off-Network" instead of the normal "AT&T" in the top left corner so you would know not to place a call.  

Also leave Data Roaming turned off in the settings so you can't use any data from non-ATT towers.

Settings >General > Network > Data Roaming

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support