Wireless Forums

Posted Jan 4, 2011
3:04:10 PM
View profile
iPhone in the USVI?

We have the iPhone - does anyone know if the phone, including e-mail and apps like facebook will work in the USVI?  We'll be traveling to St. John and I want to know if I'll be able to keep in touch with work and family back home.  If it does work, are there additional charges?

We have the iPhone - does anyone know if the phone, including e-mail and apps like facebook will work in the USVI?  We'll be traveling to St. John and I want to know if I'll be able to keep in touch with work and family back home.  If it does work, are there additional charges?

iPhone in the USVI?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2011 5:29:00 PM
(0)
Master

The US Virgin Islands is in the domestic coverage area and there should not be any extra charges for voice or data.

I read of one person actually getting international charges because they connected to a non-US tower, British Virgin Islands or something like that.  To be safe on the towers your connecting to (for those that are paranoid like I am), you can ask ATT to add the "4EON" feature code to your line(s).  This way if you connect to a non-US tower you will see "Off-Network" instead of the normal "AT&T" in the top left corner so you would know not to place a call.  

Also leave Data Roaming turned off in the settings so you can't use any data from non-ATT towers.

Settings >General > Network > Data Roaming

The US Virgin Islands is in the domestic coverage area and there should not be any extra charges for voice or data.

I read of one person actually getting international charges because they connected to a non-US tower, British Virgin Islands or something like that.  To be safe on the towers your connecting to (for those that are paranoid like I am), you can ask ATT to add the "4EON" feature code to your line(s).  This way if you connect to a non-US tower you will see "Off-Network" instead of the normal "AT&T" in the top left corner so you would know not to place a call.  

Also leave Data Roaming turned off in the settings so you can't use any data from non-ATT towers.

Settings >General > Network > Data Roaming

Re: iPhone in the USVI?

2 of 2 (2,757 Views)