Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

iPhone event invitations are out. The wait is almost over for you guys...

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 4:25:19 PM
(0)
Professor

cool cant wait to next tuesday.   something is up AT&T pulled the black iphone 16 GB from the website it was there sunday. i checked my upgrade Eligibility and i noticed the black iphone4 16 is gone.   you see the white only 16GB and 32GB not even the black 32GB is not listed.

cool cant wait to next tuesday.   something is up AT&T pulled the black iphone 16 GB from the website it was there sunday. i checked my upgrade Eligibility and i noticed the black iphone4 16 is gone.   you see the white only 16GB and 32GB not even the black 32GB is not listed.

hello!!!

Re: iPhone event invitations are out. The wait is almost over for you guys...

2 of 11 (611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 7:31:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I just checked my OLAM and saw the iPhone 4 in black in 16 and 32 GB.  I didn't know that AT&T had raised the retail price of the phone to $649/$749.

I just checked my OLAM and saw the iPhone 4 in black in 16 and 32 GB.  I didn't know that AT&T had raised the retail price of the phone to $649/$749.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 11 (578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 8:11:36 PM
(0)
Master

graphite07 wrote:

Maybe it depends on your location. Last I checked, both the 16GB and 32GB iPhone 4 was still listed in my OLAM for an upgrade purchase.

graphite07 wrote:

Maybe it depends on your location. Last I checked, both the 16GB and 32GB iPhone 4 was still listed in my OLAM for an upgrade purchase.

4 of 11 (569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 8:14:14 PM
(0)
Master

21stNow wrote:

I could be wrong, but I believe the $50 increase in the full retail price of all devices went into effect not too long ago.

21stNow wrote:

I could be wrong, but I believe the $50 increase in the full retail price of all devices went into effect not too long ago.

5 of 11 (568 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 2:18:37 AM
(0)
Professor

21stNow wrote:

Strange, those seem to the same as the unlocked price from Apple.

21stNow wrote:

Strange, those seem to the same as the unlocked price from Apple.

6 of 11 (547 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 6:40:33 AM
(0)
Former Employee

They were priced at $649 and $749 retail since January or February of this year.

They were priced at $649 and $749 retail since January or February of this year.

7 of 11 (513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 8:51:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

OK.  I had heard about the price increase, but thought that I had checked when Apple made the unlocked iPhone available and that AT&T was still $50 cheaper than the unlocked prices.  Now that they're the same price, I very well may go with unlocked iPhones in the future, if I still want an iPhone.

OK.  I had heard about the price increase, but thought that I had checked when Apple made the unlocked iPhone available and that AT&T was still $50 cheaper than the unlocked prices.  Now that they're the same price, I very well may go with unlocked iPhones in the future, if I still want an iPhone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 11 (499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 8:57:21 AM
(0)
Master

21stNow wrote:

I was going to do the same thing. However, it took a year for Apple to offer the unlocked version of the iPhone 4. If they do the same with the iPhone 5, we won't see it unlocked for a whole year. My iPhone 4 is already 14 months old and I don't want to wait another year for a new one.

21stNow wrote:

I was going to do the same thing. However, it took a year for Apple to offer the unlocked version of the iPhone 4. If they do the same with the iPhone 5, we won't see it unlocked for a whole year. My iPhone 4 is already 14 months old and I don't want to wait another year for a new one.

9 of 11 (496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 9:04:07 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Eileen89 on Sep 28, 2011 at 9:06:55 AM

drumn_bass wrote:

This is different than what I had read here: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/04/04/att_increases_early_upgrade_prices_for_apples_iphones_...

According to the info in that link, all smartphones "Except" for the iPhone were going to see the $50 increase in off contract prices. If this is true, I wonder why the iPhone is now $50 more along with the other smartphones at the "No Commitment price"?

drumn_bass wrote:

This is different than what I had read here: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/04/04/att_increases_early_upgrade_prices_for_apples_iphones_by_50.html

According to the info in that link, all smartphones "Except" for the iPhone were going to see the $50 increase in off contract prices. If this is true, I wonder why the iPhone is now $50 more along with the other smartphones at the "No Commitment price"?

[ Edited ]
10 of 11 (493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 9:12:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Irish Rose wrote:

21stNow wrote:

I thought about the delay, too.  I'm hoping that it wasn't an actual delay, but just "late" because it was the first unlocked iPhone sold in the US.  My thoughts are that after the initial release, all other iPhones will be released in carrier-locked and unlocked at the same time.  Time will tell.

Irish Rose wrote:

21stNow wrote:

I thought about the delay, too.  I'm hoping that it wasn't an actual delay, but just "late" because it was the first unlocked iPhone sold in the US.  My thoughts are that after the initial release, all other iPhones will be released in carrier-locked and unlocked at the same time.  Time will tell.

11 of 11 (388 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments