Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 24, 2012
12:36:36 PM
View profile
iPhone doesn't connect to micro-cell, at all, ever, under any circumstances

Had this micro-cell for over a year.  Worked OK with my Blackberry.  I switched to a Moto Atrix, that works OK too.

My wife used to have an iPhone 3, never worked.  Now she has an iPhone 4, it does not work with the micro-cell.  No amount of power-cycling of various devices has ever convinced the phone to connect to the micro-cell, not even once.   Yes, she's on the list of allowed phone numbers, as the device is managed off her AT&T Wireless account.

The problem is not that it picks up a regular cell tower -- none of those are in range here.  (That is why we bought the micro-cell.)

Suggestions?

Had this micro-cell for over a year.  Worked OK with my Blackberry.  I switched to a Moto Atrix, that works OK too.

My wife used to have an iPhone 3, never worked.  Now she has an iPhone 4, it does not work with the micro-cell.  No amount of power-cycling of various devices has ever convinced the phone to connect to the micro-cell, not even once.   Yes, she's on the list of allowed phone numbers, as the device is managed off her AT&T Wireless account.

The problem is not that it picks up a regular cell tower -- none of those are in range here.  (That is why we bought the micro-cell.)

Suggestions?

iPhone doesn't connect to micro-cell, at all, ever, under any circumstances

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2012 7:18:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

We have a  I Phone 3Gs.. 4 .. &.. 4s at my house all work on microcell without any problems

We have a  I Phone 3Gs.. 4 .. &.. 4s at my house all work on microcell without any problems

Re: iPhone doesn't connect to micro-cell, at all, ever, under any circumstances

2 of 3 (2,323 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 8:06:37 AM
(0)
Contributor

On the iPhone you need to make sure that 3G is turned on.  I always kept mine off to conserve battery but it needs to be on for the micro cell.  you may not have had that feature on BB

Good luck

On the iPhone you need to make sure that 3G is turned on.  I always kept mine off to conserve battery but it needs to be on for the micro cell.  you may not have had that feature on BB

Good luck

Re: iPhone doesn't connect to micro-cell, at all, ever, under any circumstances

3 of 3 (2,020 Views)