iPhone buyback sites?

Tutor

iPhone buyback sites?

I have a 16gB iphone 3G, and am thinking of upgrading to 3GS.

Several sites offer to buy these phones for around $200

Anybody had any luck with these?  Which ones are legit? Any scams to be aware of? 

A couple examples I found are: www.rapidrepair.com, and  www.CashiPhone.com

Message 1 of 24
Professor

Re: iPhone buyback sites?

You would get more for it by putting it on Ebay or Craigslist.
Message 2 of 24
Professor

on ebay a good to nice condition 16 3G iphone will bring you about 300$+ dollars. i bought a 3G 8 gig iphone from a  friend for 125$ almost new he got a 3Gs iphone. i put it on ebay and the autcion closed for 312$
Message Edited by graphite07 on 01-07-2010 02:14:56 PM
Message 3 of 24
Tutor

Truthfully I was looking at the re-sellers because I don't want to deal with someone who isn't happy with the phone.

The phone is only 6 months old, but I had a problem a little while ago with the home button being intermittent. I took it apart and cleaned it and adjusted the contacts. It seems to be working, and the phone is in great condition, but I don't want to take a chance of selling something to someone and them having a problem.  At least with the re sellers they refurbish and provide a warranty. 

The re-sellers offer about $230 or so

Message 4 of 24

graphite07 wrote:
on ebay a good to nice condition 16 3G iphone will bring you about 300$+ dollars. i bought a 3G 8 gig iphone from a  friend for 125$ almost new he got a 3Gs iphone. i put it on ebay and the autcion closed for 312$
Message Edited by graphite07 on 01-07-2010 02:14:56 PM

You can probably get more if you give it a "pardon"  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 24
Tutor

I've actually tried CashiPhone.com and to my surprise they were really good. I sold them a 3g 8gb iphone and got paid 200 dollars for it which was more than what the other sites offered me.

they also covered shipping too. Would definitely recommend them if ur not looking for any headaches

Good Luck Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 24
Contributor

Is it really worth selling the iPhone 3G for the iPhone3Gs? I mean, how much of a BIG difference is there if just download the new software? Im trying to decide? If so, whats a good selling price for the iPhone 3G?

Thanks

-Pablo

{please keep it spam free}

Message Edited by Glomag on 01-15-2010 08:26:26 AM
Message 7 of 24
Scholar

The differences between the 3G and 3GS is that the 3GS has a faster processor that makes it twice as fast. It also has double the ram which is 256MB, voice dial, a compass, and video recording. It has accessibility features like "Voice Over", that tells you by voice each function that you touch, "Zoom" that zooms in all words and characters. Both are great features for people that are visually impaired. It also has a "White On Black" option that reverses the colors of the screen, and "Speak Auto Text" that speaks the words that the phone suggests when your texting. Oh, it also has a battery percentage indicator that tells you the percentage of battery power you have left. To me, Apple added alot of wonderful and useful features to this incredible phone. I hope this info is helpful in making your decision.  

Message 8 of 24
Explorer

I also got a 3G iphone to sell (in excellent condition) - I upgrade to 3Gs..., how does www.CashIphone.com work?

Message 9 of 24

kevjazzele wrote:

The differences between the 3G and 3GS is that the 3GS has a faster processor that makes it twice as fast. It also has double the ram which is 256MB, voice dial, a compass, and video recording. It has accessibility features like "Voice Over", that tells you by voice each function that you touch, "Zoom" that zooms in all words and characters. Both are great features for people that are visually impaired. It also has a "White On Black" option that reverses the colors of the screen, and "Speak Auto Text" that speaks the words that the phone suggests when your texting. Oh, it also has a battery percentage indicator that tells you the percentage of battery power you have left. To me, Apple added alot of wonderful and useful features to this incredible phone. I hope this info is helpful in making your decision.  

The processor is NOT twice as fast as the 3g but it is a few 100MHZ faster  the iphone 3gs has a radio that operates on HSDPA speed wich is POTENTIALY twice as fast for download and upload speeds.

Message Edited by Scholar Yoshi on 01-14-2010 05:14:40 PM

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 24
Scholar

I DID NOT say that the processor was twice as fast. If you read my thread, it said that the 3GS has a faster processor that makes it twice as fast as the 3G. That's the info I read in numerous ads. I wasn't trying to be politically correct. I was just helping a person with some info on how wonderful a device the IPhone is.
Message 11 of 24

Politically correct? {Please keep it courteous} if the processor is not twice as fast then the iphone is not twice as fast. it has the capability to DOWNLOAD twice as fast as the iphone 3g, which does NOT make the iphone twice as fast.
Message Edited by Scholar Yoshi on 01-14-2010 07:39:46 PM
Message Edited by pamelaz on 01-14-2010 10:47:54 PM

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 24
Scholar

Look, I'm not disputing what you said about the IPhone's capability. Only the fact that you misinterpret what I meant in my post. First of all, I don't need you, or anyone trying to correct me with an attitude OK? Besides, I was responding to a question that someone posted that had nothing to do with you. I think It's best that we end this debate NOW before it gets uglier than it is!
Message 13 of 24
Professor

pauldylan wrote:

Is it really worth selling the iPhone 3G for the iPhone3Gs? I mean, how much of a BIG difference is there if just download the new software? Im trying to decide? If so, whats a good selling price for the iPhone 3G?

Thanks

-Pablo

{please keep it spam free}

At this stage, I would definitely wait for the new iPhone, purported to come out at some point this year. The differences between the two phones is negligible in my opinion, in terms of what I like/need. They're certainly not substantial enough improvements for me to negate my upgrade eligibility, with a new model potentially right around the corner.

I have the 3G, and I've been upgrade eligible since when the 3GS came out (without even having to pay the $18 upgrade fee), and I still decided to wait. From all I've seen on the subject of the reported, potential features of the new phone, I am so glad I did.

For some, features like voice dial, compass and video are desirable, so your mileage may vary. For me, they would have lost luster after the first week, all things considered.
Message Edited by Glomag on 01-15-2010 08:27:05 AM
Message 14 of 24
Mentor

Agreed - wait until May/June at this point. Apple's already put a "mystery announcement" on their calendar around the same time they announced the iPhone/3G/3Gs in previous years.

If they announce something new, you'll be happy you waited. If they don't you can always upgrade/sell then.

There's nothing in the 3Gs that would make a 3G user want to upgrade unless you want more bells 'n whistles. I know a few people that did and don't see a big difference in day-to-day stuff, and now they'll have to wait until December of this year (minimum) before they're elligible to upgrade to another phone.

Message 15 of 24
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support