Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Recommended servic e to sell iPhones to

Teacher

iPhone buyback sites?

I have a 16gB iphone 3G, and am thinking of upgrading to 3GS.

 

Several sites offer to buy these phones for around $200

 

Anybody had any luck with these?  Which ones are legit? Any scams to be aware of? 

 

A couple examples I found are: www.rapidrepair.com, and  www.CashiPhone.com

31,493 Views
Message 1 of 24
Tutor

Re: iPhone buyback sites?

@ robhuff46

 

All you have to do is answer the set of questions that pertain to the condition of your iphone and if you like the price, you provide your information so they generate a free shipping label for you. The nice thing is the label is automatically made on their site and after downloading the label, you print it and attach it on your package that you will be shipping and just wait to get paid. 

 

The whole process is pretty quick. My sister sold them her broken (water damaged) 3GS  and got $130 for it, which was more than what other buy back sites offered.

Message 16 of 24

Re: iPhone buyback sites?


@kevjazzele wrote:
Look, I'm not disputing what you said about the IPhone's capability. Only the fact that you misinterpret what I meant in my post. First of all, I don't need you, or anyone trying to correct me with an attitude OK? Besides, I was responding to a question that someone posted that had nothing to do with you. I think It's best that we end this debate NOW before it gets uglier than it is!

 

You were wrong, I corrected you, no need to take it personaly. I just wanted to make sure the OP had the correct information.

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 24
Teacher

Recommended servic e to sell iPhones to

cashiphone.com    I sold my old water damaged 3G and received a paypal payment for $170 in just over a week. No problems at all.
Message 18 of 24
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Recommended servic e to sell iPhones to

or you could of exchange it for new/refurbished at Apple store for only $199

Message 19 of 24
Scholar

Re: iPhone buyback sites?


@kevjazzele wrote:
Look, I'm not disputing what you said about the IPhone's capability. Only the fact that you misinterpret what I meant in my post. First of all, I don't need you, or anyone trying to correct me with an attitude OK? Besides, I was responding to a question that someone posted that had nothing to do with you. I think It's best that we end this debate NOW before it gets uglier than it is!

 

You were wrong, I corrected you, no need to take it personaly. I just wanted to make sure the OP had the correct information.  

 

 

AGAIN, I was stating what I read, as far as the features of the 3GS. I did not say that the 3GS had a processor that was twice as fast as the 3G. I said that the phone is twice fast. I'm not wrong. You said yourself that the phone was twice as fast in certain areas. I'm the first one to admit when I'm wrong, but in this case I'm not. And you didn't correct me. The only thing I didn't do was elaborate on the areas that the 3GS was faster. I do take it personal when someone insists that I said something I didn't say. I'm through with the subject, and I hope you are too.

Message 20 of 24

Re: iPhone buyback sites?


@kevjazzele wrote:

@kevjazzele wrote:
Look, I'm not disputing what you said about the IPhone's capability. Only the fact that you misinterpret what I meant in my post. First of all, I don't need you, or anyone trying to correct me with an attitude OK? Besides, I was responding to a question that someone posted that had nothing to do with you. I think It's best that we end this debate NOW before it gets uglier than it is!

 

You were wrong, I corrected you, no need to take it personally. I just wanted to make sure the OP had the correct information.  

 

 

AGAIN, I was stating what I read, as far as the features of the 3GS. I did not say that the 3GS had a processor that was twice as fast as the 3G. I said that the phone is twice fast. I'm not wrong. You said yourself that the phone was twice as fast in certain areas. I'm the first one to admit when I'm wrong, but in this case I'm not. And you didn't correct me. The only thing I didn't do was elaborate on the areas that the 3GS was faster. I do take it personal when someone insists that I said something I didn't say. I'm through with the subject, and I hope you are too.


Wow.... read the following statement slowly so you can understand.... The 3GS is NOT twice as fast as the 3G but it has the CAPABILITY to DOWNLOAD and UPLOAD twice as fast but even that wont happen until ATT rolls out the hsdpa speeds everywhere. As a comparison for you, just because I put a wireless N card in my laptop does not make it twice as fast, but it has the capability to download much faster still that does me no good if I don't have a wireless N router or if other computers on my network are using a lot of the connection speed and using a lot of the backbend bandwidth.

I hope this clarifies for you Smiley Very Happy again don't take it personal just trying to help you understand. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Scholar Yoshi on 01-20-2010 10:13:58 PM

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 21 of 24
Professor

Re: iPhone buyback sites?

No doubt, this "twice as fast" thing is waaaay overstated. My best friend has the 3GS, and we've done multiple head to head comparos with our devices over several months. Much of the time, in actual, everyday usage, the devices are either exactly the same speed, or his device is slightly faster. Sure, there are times, with certain applications, and in certain instances where the speed is noticeable. But it's definitely not as often as you keep hearing.

I think, as stated, the capability is there. And when HSDPA is implemented there'll be more noticeable differences (ironically, by then it'll be a moot point, as 3GS will be history). But for now, it's just so much talk.
Message 22 of 24
Scholar

Re: iPhone buyback sites?

 


@kevjazzele wrote:

@kevjazzele wrote:
Look, I'm not disputing what you said about the IPhone's capability. Only the fact that you misinterpret what I meant in my post. First of all, I don't need you, or anyone trying to correct me with an attitude OK? Besides, I was responding to a question that someone posted that had nothing to do with you. I think It's best that we end this debate NOW before it gets uglier than it is!

 

You were wrong, I corrected you, no need to take it personally. I just wanted to make sure the OP had the correct information.  

 

 

AGAIN, I was stating what I read, as far as the features of the 3GS. I did not say that the 3GS had a processor that was twice as fast as the 3G. I said that the phone is twice fast. I'm not wrong. You said yourself that the phone was twice as fast in certain areas. I'm the first one to admit when I'm wrong, but in this case I'm not. And you didn't correct me. The only thing I didn't do was elaborate on the areas that the 3GS was faster. I do take it personal when someone insists that I said something I didn't say. I'm through with the subject, and I hope you are too.


Wow.... read the following statement slowly so you can understand.... The 3GS is NOT twice as fast as the 3G but it has the CAPABILITY to DOWNLOAD and UPLOAD twice as fast but even that wont happen until ATT rolls out the hsdpa speeds everywhere. As a comparison for you, just because I put a wireless N card in my laptop does not make it twice as fast, but it has the capability to download much faster still that does me no good if I don't have a wireless N router or if other computers on my network are using a lot of the connection speed and using a lot of the backbend bandwidth.

I hope this clarifies for you :smileyvery-happy: again don't take it personal just trying to help you understand. :smileyhappy:

 

 

Now your trying to insult my intelligence. Lets get one thing straight, I have a notebook computer that has a wireless N card, but I have a G wireless router. Any dummy can figure out that I won't get the full benefit of wireless N when my router is wireless G. I built and fixed more computers than I can count, and also encountered more software issues that even tech support couldn't help with. People always tell me that I should go into my own business fixing computers. I'm a geek, and have been for over 20 something years, not to mention I have a collage degree, and a high level of common sense. I'll say it once again. I DID NOT say anything about AT&T in any of my posts. I was only trying to help a person that was asking the difference the 3GS had over the 3G, I didn't expect to be criticized for it. It seems that your continuing to make an issue on the subject to prove that your right. There is no right or wrong here, except the fact that you being disrespectful in stating I said and meant things I did not say. The only thing I didn't do was elaborate on how the 3GS was faster. Below is a copy from the Apple web site stating that the 3GS is up to "TWICE AS FAST AS THE 3G". IT DID NOT say whether or not AT&T had the bandwidth to utilize the full capability of the IPhone. I understand that your intelligent and you may be trying to help, but this isn't the way to do it. Your point has been made and we should just let it go, because this isn't worth arguing about.

Images of the iPhone 3GS video recording interface, the Voice Control screen, and the built-in digital compass.Introducing iPhone 3GS

Meet the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet. iPhone 3GS features video recording, Voice Control, up to 32GB of storage, and more.

New to iPhone? Find out why you’ll love it

Watch the
Guided Tour
The National Geographic site on iPhone 3GS, with a 2x faster badge.The Fastest iPhone Ever

The first thing you’ll notice about iPhone 3GS is how quickly you can launch applications. Web pages render in a fraction of the time, and you can view email attachments faster. Improved performance and updated 3D graphics deliver an incredible gaming experience, too. In fact, everything you do on iPhone 3GS is up to 2x faster and more responsive than iPhone 3G.

   

Message 23 of 24

Re: iPhone buyback sites?


@kevjazzele wrote:

 


@kevjazzele wrote:

@kevjazzele wrote:
Look, I'm not disputing what you said about the IPhone's capability. Only the fact that you misinterpret what I meant in my post. First of all, I don't need you, or anyone trying to correct me with an attitude OK? Besides, I was responding to a question that someone posted that had nothing to do with you. I think It's best that we end this debate NOW before it gets uglier than it is!

 

You were wrong, I corrected you, no need to take it personally. I just wanted to make sure the OP had the correct information.  

 

 

AGAIN, I was stating what I read, as far as the features of the 3GS. I did not say that the 3GS had a processor that was twice as fast as the 3G. I said that the phone is twice fast. I'm not wrong. You said yourself that the phone was twice as fast in certain areas. I'm the first one to admit when I'm wrong, but in this case I'm not. And you didn't correct me. The only thing I didn't do was elaborate on the areas that the 3GS was faster. I do take it personal when someone insists that I said something I didn't say. I'm through with the subject, and I hope you are too.


Wow.... read the following statement slowly so you can understand.... The 3GS is NOT twice as fast as the 3G but it has the CAPABILITY to DOWNLOAD and UPLOAD twice as fast but even that wont happen until ATT rolls out the hsdpa speeds everywhere. As a comparison for you, just because I put a wireless N card in my laptop does not make it twice as fast, but it has the capability to download much faster still that does me no good if I don't have a wireless N router or if other computers on my network are using a lot of the connection speed and using a lot of the backbend bandwidth.

I hope this clarifies for you :smileyvery-happy: again don't take it personal just trying to help you understand. :smileyhappy:

 

 

Now your trying to insult my intelligence. Lets get one thing straight, I have a notebook computer that has a wireless N card, but I have a G wireless router. Any dummy can figure out that I won't get the full benefit of wireless N when my router is wireless G. I built and fixed more computers than I can count, and also encountered more software issues that even tech support couldn't help with. People always tell me that I should go into my own business fixing computers. I'm a geek, and have been for over 20 something years, not to mention I have a collage degree, and a high level of common sense. I'll say it once again. I DID NOT say anything about AT&T in any of my posts. I was only trying to help a person that was asking the difference the 3GS had over the 3G, I didn't expect to be criticized for it. It seems that your continuing to make an issue on the subject to prove that your right. There is no right or wrong here, except the fact that you being disrespectful in stating I said and meant things I did not say. The only thing I didn't do was elaborate on how the 3GS was faster. Below is a copy from the Apple web site stating that the 3GS is up to "TWICE AS FAST AS THE 3G". IT DID NOT say whether or not AT&T had the bandwidth to utilize the full capability of the IPhone. I understand that your intelligent and you may be trying to help, but this isn't the way to do it. Your point has been made and we should just let it go, because this isn't worth arguing about.


I agree, no need to argue, I'm just glad I could help you understand, apology accepted. Robot Very Happy

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 24 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support