Wireless Forums

Posted May 3, 2009
10:25:08 AM
iPhone applications won't open
Whenever I try to open any of my applications, they immediately just shut down. Anyone know what to do?
Whenever I try to open any of my applications, they immediately just shut down. Anyone know what to do?

iPhone applications won't open

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2009 12:01:11 PM
(0)
Master
Have you tried turning your phone off and then back on.  Sometimes a reboot will help clear up memory issues.
Have you tried turning your phone off and then back on.  Sometimes a reboot will help clear up memory issues.

Re: iPhone applications won't open

2 of 11 (51,820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2009 12:17:22 PM
(0)
Scholar
Yeah, I've tried that a few times with no luck.
Yeah, I've tried that a few times with no luck.

3 of 11 (51,814 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2009 12:38:31 PM
(0)
Master

The next thing I'd suggest would be to try a restore of the devices software:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Click on the "Restoring your iPhone or iPod touch" option and it will open showing all the steps.

The next thing I'd suggest would be to try a restore of the devices software:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Click on the "Restoring your iPhone or iPod touch" option and it will open showing all the steps.

4 of 11 (51,808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2009 12:41:19 PM
(0)
Scholar
Ha, well I just downloaded a new application and all of the sudden the others work! Weird...
Ha, well I just downloaded a new application and all of the sudden the others work! Weird...

5 of 11 (51,806 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2009 12:46:18 PM
(0)
Master

Glad its working.  That is odd just installing another app fixed it.  Normally its the other way around (having to remove a bad app) but you didn't mention just installing anyting right before it happend.

Glad its working.  That is odd just installing another app fixed it.  Normally its the other way around (having to remove a bad app) but you didn't mention just installing anyting right before it happend.

6 of 11 (51,803 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2009 12:50:16 PM
(0)
Scholar
I was about to just delete all of them and re-install everything, but I wanted to download one that I didn't have and see if it worked first. When it opened correctly, I decided to try the others, and they worked too! Yay!
I was about to just delete all of them and re-install everything, but I wanted to download one that I didn't have and see if it worked first. When it opened correctly, I decided to try the others, and they worked too! Yay!

7 of 11 (51,800 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2009 9:29:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

The reason this happens is because every time a downloaded app is opened it checks for your itunes password for validation that you are authorized to open that app (as it may contain personal info). From time to time the iphone "forgets" your itunes password. You can fix the missing password by syncing the iphone with itunes or downloading an app from the app store and entering your password that way.

I found that out during a call to Apple tech support.

The reason this happens is because every time a downloaded app is opened it checks for your itunes password for validation that you are authorized to open that app (as it may contain personal info). From time to time the iphone "forgets" your itunes password. You can fix the missing password by syncing the iphone with itunes or downloading an app from the app store and entering your password that way.

I found that out during a call to Apple tech support.

8 of 11 (51,679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2010 10:10:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

One of the people at work had this happen to them as well.  Installing a new app fixed it, as stated above.  I've collected some of my search results and posted them on an article "Fix – IPhone app won’t start/launch/open".

Hope that helps some of you as well. 

One of the people at work had this happen to them as well.  Installing a new app fixed it, as stated above.  I've collected some of my search results and posted them on an article "Fix – IPhone app won’t start/launch/open".

Hope that helps some of you as well. 

9 of 11 (44,904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2010 3:34:21 AM
(0)
Contributor

yup! i just downloaded a new one too and all the rest started working

yup! i just downloaded a new one too and all the rest started working

10 of 11 (36,985 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 10:23:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you in this little forum. I was freaking out because nothing was opening on my phone either, but I was glad to see others were having the problem with relatively easy fixes. I didn't download a new application but had an upgrade (where it asked for my apple ID as mentioned above) so I did that first hoping for the best and it worked! So thanks a lot, this help me so much

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you in this little forum. I was freaking out because nothing was opening on my phone either, but I was glad to see others were having the problem with relatively easy fixes. I didn't download a new application but had an upgrade (where it asked for my apple ID as mentioned above) so I did that first hoping for the best and it worked! So thanks a lot, this help me so much

11 of 11 (16,173 Views)