iPhone app is a piece of krap!

Scholar

iPhone app is a piece of krap!

Not sure where this post should go, but I'm so disappointed with the iPhone app. It used to work, but the other day I was out and realized I had forgot to start recording the football game. Got my iPhone out (older 3g model) and tried to set a recording. Brought up the U-Verse app, went to the guide. Found the station and time and hit record. Error. A few minutes I went back and then started to get errors about the service being down. Very disappointing. I ended up having to rush home to start the recording, then go back out to what I was doing before.

Anyone else have issues with this app?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (1,375 Views)
Scholar

Re: iPhone app is a piece of krap!

I just tried it and it seems to be working much better. I added some "favorites", which kept failing and I had to re-enter them. So I did them a few at a time and kept adding to them. I was able to select a channel, find a show, and enable recording. Very nice. Of course when I really needed to record something important, I couldn't. I realize it is a free app, but it should be reliable.

Sorry for the original rant. :-)

koko

Message 2 of 6 (1,367 Views)
ACE - Professor

kokopelli_1 wrote:

Sorry for the original rant. :-)

We've all been there.

The Xfinity app from comcast is alternatingly brillant and crap as well. Considering how many actual systems are involved when I change the channel or schedule something with it, its a wonder it works at all, when it does work.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (1,285 Views)
Scholar

The one for DirecTV seems to work really well.

Message 4 of 6 (1,241 Views)
Professor

Re: iPhone app is a piece of crap!

[ Edited ]

I've had similar problems on some applications as far as forwarding to the home based server that is recording television shows. Most of the time it won't work unless you are on the WiFi it presides on. When I tried a remote connection on EyeTV or similar DVR system, it brought up failures as unable to connect to the DVR system.

Some forums that relate to XFinity may be able to help you on your Comcast issues on remote connectivity to DVR via 3G or WiFi. AT&T unfortunately has not made a U-Verse forum specifically for mobile help.

If you need service help, you can contact your support centers by phone

AT&T - 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless phone

XFinity - 1-800-266-2278

Message 5 of 6 (1,167 Views)
Master

Re: iPhone app is a piece of crap!

josephz2va wrote:

When I tried a remote connection on EyeTV or similar DVR system, it brought up failures as unable to connect to the DVR system.

Most of the time my EyeTV app on the iPhone and iPad have been working great.  Streaming quality could be better when on 3G (thats the only complaint I have with this app).  I love being able to look at the guide, schedule shows, check what I have scheduled, watch things I've recorded or Live TV (great on the local network and so-so in 3G).

Message 6 of 6 (1,063 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.