iPhone - Visual Voicemail vs Standard Voicemail

Contributor

iPhone - Visual Voicemail vs Standard Voicemail

[ Edited ]

It seems that if I get a voicemail during either a period of diminished service, or no service at all, the voicemail becomes "Standard Voicemail" and not "Visual Voicemail". This is problematic as you don't get a message indicator for these messages. Is this known/expected behavior?

These messages never get delivered as "Visual Voicemail" messages. Should they? 

Message Edited by kbenz on 09-08-2009 05:23:03 PM
Message 1 of 4 (2,732 Views)
Professor

Re: iPhone - Visual Voicemail vs Standard Voicemail

Visual Voicemail uses data to deliver and if you in the area without data support it will become "Standard" VM that's why you lose 'em as Visual VM but it is normal for iPhone and very annoying. I hope they will fix it soon. 

kbenz wrote:

It seems that if I get a voicemail during either a period of diminished service, or no service at all, the voicemail becomes "Standard Voicemail" and not "Visual Voicemail". This is problematic as you don't get a message indicator for these messages. Is this known/expected behavior?

These messages never get delivered as "Visual Voicemail" messages. Should they? 

Message Edited by kbenz on 09-08-2009 05:23:03 PM

Message 2 of 4 (2,717 Views)
Master

300k wrote:
Visual Voicemail uses data to deliver and if you in the area without data support it will become "Standard" VM that's why you lose 'em as Visual VM but it is normal for iPhone and very annoying. I hope they will fix it soon. 

I was wondering about this myself. Because, the other day I received a regular VM, even though I had VVM installed on my Bold. That was during the afternoon when I lost my data services for a period of 15 minutes.
Message 3 of 4 (2,660 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

That's exactly why it happened, only on iPhone if you lose VVM you won't get any notification of new VM. The only way to find out if you got one is to dial 1. :smileysad:
Message 4 of 4 (2,635 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.