iPhone Upgrade Question

Contributor

iPhone Upgrade Question

i would like to upgrade my son's phone to an iphone for Christmas. If I purchase the phone now, will it deativate his current phone and when will I begin being charged for the data plan? When the iphone is activated, or when I purchase the phone?

Message 1 of 3 (232 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: iPhone Upgrade Question

shiggins wrote:

i would like to upgrade my son's phone to an iphone for Christmas. If I purchase the phone now, will it deativate his current phone and when will I begin being charged for the data plan? When the iphone is activated, or when I purchase the phone?

Your son's current sim card won't deactivate until the new phone is activated. As for the data plan, I think it activates when the phone is activated also, but I'm not sure. I recently upgraded my wife's phone to an iphone and the data plan did activate when I activated the phone, but I did activate the phone the same day I received it. I can verify, though, that the data plan does not activate when the phone is ordered.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (224 Views)
Professor

Re: iPhone Upgrade Question

shiggins wrote:

Be careful if this is a surprise gift. I saw in another thread someone complaining that he bought his wife a new iPhone, expecting it to be a surprise, but AT&T sent text message survey questions to her number. Surprise ruined...

Message 3 of 3 (213 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.