iPhone Unlimited Data Plan

Contributor

iPhone Unlimited Data Plan

So my mom bought me a brand new iphone when i left for college about 2 years ago. She put the plan under her name. When she bought me the phone, she also selected the unlimited data as a feature. so now that i am a grown up! i want to transfer the billing responsibility to my name, however, i am worried that when i transfer the billing responsibility, that i will also lose my unlimited data. does anyone know if i do lose that unlimited data or if i retain it?

 

thank you! 

1,074 Views
Message 1 of 6
Master

Re: iPhone Unlimited Data Plan

You will retain It. The plan follows the phone.
_____________________

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: iPhone Unlimited Data Plan

I thought that when you transferred billing responsibility, you lose the unlimited data as you are starting a new account and must choose from current data and phone plans.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Master

Re: iPhone Unlimited Data Plan


kdfederer wrote:
I thought that when you transferred billing responsibility, you lose the unlimited data as you are starting a new account and must choose from current data and phone plans.

That would be a new one for me?  It may require a supervisor but since the phone number stays the same and they can see that the unlimited data plan was there, it should stay??????

_____________________

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 6
Expert

Re: iPhone Unlimited Data Plan


youngjm wrote:

kdfederer wrote:
I thought that when you transferred billing responsibility, you lose the unlimited data as you are starting a new account and must choose from current data and phone plans.

That would be a new one for me?  It may require a supervisor but since the phone number stays the same and they can see that the unlimited data plan was there, it should stay??????



agree - it has been staed here before that if you TOBR you lose the grandfathered features because it is a brand new account

Message 5 of 6

Re: iPhone Unlimited Data Plan


alvarado214 wrote:

So my mom bought me a brand new iphone when i left for college about 2 years ago. She put the plan under her name. When she bought me the phone, she also selected the unlimited data as a feature. so now that i am a grown up! i want to transfer the billing responsibility to my name, however, i am worried that when i transfer the billing responsibility, that i will also lose my unlimited data. does anyone know if i do lose that unlimited data or if i retain it?

 

thank you! 


You'll be allow to keep the data plan. Do this AT an AT&T store, just to be sure.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support