Wireless Forums

Posted Apr 16, 2012
3:51:48 PM
View profile
iPhone Unlimited Data Plan

So my mom bought me a brand new iphone when i left for college about 2 years ago. She put the plan under her name. When she bought me the phone, she also selected the unlimited data as a feature. so now that i am a grown up! i want to transfer the billing responsibility to my name, however, i am worried that when i transfer the billing responsibility, that i will also lose my unlimited data. does anyone know if i do lose that unlimited data or if i retain it?

thank you! 

So my mom bought me a brand new iphone when i left for college about 2 years ago. She put the plan under her name. When she bought me the phone, she also selected the unlimited data as a feature. so now that i am a grown up! i want to transfer the billing responsibility to my name, however, i am worried that when i transfer the billing responsibility, that i will also lose my unlimited data. does anyone know if i do lose that unlimited data or if i retain it?

thank you! 

iPhone Unlimited Data Plan

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2012 4:19:36 PM
(0)
Master
You will retain It. The plan follows the phone.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
You will retain It. The plan follows the phone.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: iPhone Unlimited Data Plan

2 of 6 (952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2012 7:37:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I thought that when you transferred billing responsibility, you lose the unlimited data as you are starting a new account and must choose from current data and phone plans.
I thought that when you transferred billing responsibility, you lose the unlimited data as you are starting a new account and must choose from current data and phone plans.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (913 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2012 7:41:57 PM
(0)
Master

kdfederer wrote:

That would be a new one for me?  It may require a supervisor but since the phone number stays the same and they can see that the unlimited data plan was there, it should stay??????

kdfederer wrote:

That would be a new one for me?  It may require a supervisor but since the phone number stays the same and they can see that the unlimited data plan was there, it should stay??????

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 6 (907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2012 3:31:30 AM
(0)
Expert

youngjm wrote:

kdfederer wrote:

agree - it has been staed here before that if you TOBR you lose the grandfathered features because it is a brand new account

youngjm wrote:

kdfederer wrote:

agree - it has been staed here before that if you TOBR you lose the grandfathered features because it is a brand new account

5 of 6 (877 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2012 9:24:24 PM
(0)
Guru

alvarado214 wrote:

thank you! 

You'll be allow to keep the data plan. Do this AT an AT&T store, just to be sure.

alvarado214 wrote:

thank you! 

You'll be allow to keep the data plan. Do this AT an AT&T store, just to be sure.

Experience the Underlyingsound.

6 of 6 (729 Views)