iPhone Tethering: When?

Contributor

iPhone Tethering: When?

All,

I have seen the network communication traffic numbers of those that use an iPhone to tether their laptops.  The data flow is no different than the iPhone itself.  Even at a 95% Confidence level, there is not bandwidth issue for AT&T.  When will AT&T stop dodging the issue and allow cellphone tethering?

Does anyone one want to form a survey of customer interest in this topic?  

I am not from AT&T corporate.  Just a customer.

My three survey questions:

A) How likely is your neighbor to pay $5 more a month for Cell phone tethering?

B) Do you see Cell phone tethering as a good idea or bad idea?

C) What kind of cell phone do you have?

Message 1 of 14 (2,289 Views)

Re: iPhone Tethering: When?

A) My neighbor may/ may not pay for it but it'd be up to them. If they want to use this "advanced technology", they must pay the cost.

B) Cell phone tethering to me, is a horrible thing. The plans aren't unlimited on what AT&T currently offers, only a tiny percentage of customer manage/ monitor their usage to prevent overages and the ones who don't blame others for their lack of when they're suspended to prevent further overages or when they get a high bill for said overages.

C) I currently am using an HTC Tilt 2.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 14 (2,285 Views)
Professor

beat to death topic....tethering will not happen any time soon

Message 3 of 14 (2,253 Views)
Master

Dude, not going to be $5 a month, and this is a useless thought experiment.  This horse has already made its way to the glue factory.  Move along, nothing to see here.

Message 4 of 14 (2,242 Views)

Tethering will be available for AT&T's network "at a later date." I'm excited to see it become available, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

Message 5 of 14 (2,235 Views)
Professor

This topic is .
Message 6 of 14 (2,233 Views)

EBSkater wrote:
This topic is .

That's awkward. I think it's fine to talk about it, at least it's not as annoying as MMS was.

Message 7 of 14 (2,230 Views)
Professor

sonic11900 wrote:

EBSkater wrote:
This topic is .

That's awkward. I think it's fine to talk about it, at least it's not as annoying as MMS was.

Not really, it's funny. I'm not the only one who stated that it's like beating a dead horse either. I just gave the visual image. However, this is quite annoying. There's a sticky at the top of these forums, why don't people bother to read them???
Message 8 of 14 (2,208 Views)
Anonymous

People should stop posting the same questions, waste of forumn space. No Iphone tethering for now guy! Read the many other posts about it. Robot Mad

Message 9 of 14 (1,942 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

mybubbles wrote:

People should stop posting the same questions, waste of forumn space. No Iphone tethering for now guy! Read the many other posts about it. Robot Mad

+1
Message 10 of 14 (1,934 Views)
Expert

mybubbles wrote:

+1

but you missed one other side comment - when it does come it will not be free

Message 11 of 14 (737 Views)
Anonymous

wingrider01 wrote:

mybubbles wrote:

+1

Lol Yeah . . .  Well nothing in life is free . . . Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 14 (709 Views)
Expert

mybubbles wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

mybubbles wrote:

+1

Lol Yeah . . .  Well nothing in life is free . . . Smiley Tongue

I know that, so do you, but we can both bet that when tethering comes ot the Iphone with the additional charges (just like every other smartphone from all the providers) there will be the rash of posts stating ATT is a thief, they are ripping us off because there is a charge and a usage cap.

Message 13 of 14 (688 Views)
Guru

wingrider01 wrote:
I know that, so do you, but we can both bet that when tethering comes ot the Iphone with the additional charges (just like every other smartphone from all the providers) there will be the rash of posts stating ATT is a thief, they are ripping us off because there is a charge and a usage cap.

And I'll have my popcorn ready when that happens. Smiley Tongue

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 14 of 14 (682 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.