Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 12, 2012
1:18:42 PM
iPhone Stolen
Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 12, 2012 at 1:34:02 PM

my iphone had stolen. i unlocked it 5 day a go.now i want at&t locked again that it.thanks you very much.i dont want bad guys use my phone.at viet nam so many predatory..it imei:*************at&t can lock code by itune...sorry my english

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

my iphone had stolen. i unlocked it 5 day a go.now i want at&t locked again that it.thanks you very much.i dont want bad guys use my phone.at viet nam so many predatory..it imei:*************at&t can lock code by itune...sorry my english

iPhone Stolen

[ Edited ]
10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 3:18:38 PM
(0)
Master

huynh duc nguyen wrote:

Not sure there is anything they can do.  

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

huynh duc nguyen wrote:

Not sure there is anything they can do.  

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: iPhone Stolen

2 of 11 (512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 3:50:09 PM
(0)
Professor
Apple is the one that unlocks the phone via iTunes. All AT&T does is request that Apple unlocks it. I haven't heard of anyone requesting the phone to be relocked. Are you an AT&T customer? If you are not, I'm not sure there is any incentive for AT&T to request a relock, even if it's possible.
Apple is the one that unlocks the phone via iTunes. All AT&T does is request that Apple unlocks it. I haven't heard of anyone requesting the phone to be relocked. Are you an AT&T customer? If you are not, I'm not sure there is any incentive for AT&T to request a relock, even if it's possible.

3 of 11 (506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 4:55:17 PM
(0)
Teacher

huynh duc nguyen wrote:

You have been told this multiple times, but I will say it again, NOBODY ON THIS FORUM CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. You have to call AT&T to do anything like this. We are all AT&T customers here on this forum, not employees. If they will do this at all, they will only do it if you call in. There is no other way.

huynh duc nguyen wrote:

You have been told this multiple times, but I will say it again, NOBODY ON THIS FORUM CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. You have to call AT&T to do anything like this. We are all AT&T customers here on this forum, not employees. If they will do this at all, they will only do it if you call in. There is no other way.

4 of 11 (502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 11:08:41 PM
(0)
Employee
It can't re locked remotely anyways even if it were possible. Just let it go
It can't re locked remotely anyways even if it were possible. Just let it go
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 11 (478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 7:17:02 AM
(0)
Mentor

Untrue.  All the various "lost" prototype iPhones over the years were locked remotely by Apple.

Untrue.  All the various "lost" prototype iPhones over the years were locked remotely by Apple.

6 of 11 (466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 7:47:56 AM
(0)
Employee
Those had a kill app in them if I remember correctly. If a password wasn't entered within a timeframe it killed itself

Same cannot he said about the consumer model
Those had a kill app in them if I remember correctly. If a password wasn't entered within a timeframe it killed itself

Same cannot he said about the consumer model
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 11 (460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 12:27:52 PM
(0)
Mentor

Perhaps you're right.  I can't rightly exactly recall the circumstances of their being locked and the one article I thought specifically mentioning "remote locking" of the phone I now can't seem to find.

Lack of actual references/evidence puts me at your mercy on this one...

Perhaps you're right.  I can't rightly exactly recall the circumstances of their being locked and the one article I thought specifically mentioning "remote locking" of the phone I now can't seem to find.

Lack of actual references/evidence puts me at your mercy on this one...

8 of 11 (434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 1:02:11 PM
(0)
Master
It is either a kill app or find my iPhone or a stronger version. The lock was not a carrier lock but a lock of the phone capabilities.

It is either a kill app or find my iPhone or a stronger version. The lock was not a carrier lock but a lock of the phone capabilities.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

9 of 11 (429 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 1:17:31 PM
(0)
Expert

youngjm wrote:

If the iphone is tied to a corporate exchange server it can be remote wiped by the interface. It also forces a access code policy to use the phone, on entering the code wrong 4 times it will force format the phone

youngjm wrote:

If the iphone is tied to a corporate exchange server it can be remote wiped by the interface. It also forces a access code policy to use the phone, on entering the code wrong 4 times it will force format the phone

10 of 11 (422 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2012 10:10:10 AM
(0)
Professor
AT&T can not do nothing. Call CS support have them shut your service to prevent unwanted use.
AT&T can not do nothing. Call CS support have them shut your service to prevent unwanted use.
hello!!!

11 of 11 (375 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments