iPhone Stolen

iPhone Stolen

[ Edited ]

my iphone had stolen. i unlocked it 5 day a go.now i want at&t locked again that it.thanks you very much.i dont want bad guys use my phone.at viet nam so many predatory..it imei:*************at&t can lock code by itune...sorry my english

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

Message 1 of 11 (614 Views)
Master

Re: iPhone Stolen

huynh duc nguyen wrote:

my iphone had stolen. i unlocked it 5 day a go.now i want at&t locked again that it.thanks you very much.i dont want bad guys use my phone.at viet nam so many predatory..it imei:*************at&t can lock code by itune...sorry my english

Not sure there is anything they can do.  

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 11 (596 Views)
Professor

Apple is the one that unlocks the phone via iTunes. All AT&T does is request that Apple unlocks it. I haven't heard of anyone requesting the phone to be relocked. Are you an AT&T customer? If you are not, I'm not sure there is any incentive for AT&T to request a relock, even if it's possible.
Message 3 of 11 (590 Views)
Teacher

huynh duc nguyen wrote:

You have been told this multiple times, but I will say it again, NOBODY ON THIS FORUM CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. You have to call AT&T to do anything like this. We are all AT&T customers here on this forum, not employees. If they will do this at all, they will only do it if you call in. There is no other way.

Message 4 of 11 (586 Views)
Employee

It can't re locked remotely anyways even if it were possible. Just let it go
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 11 (562 Views)

Untrue.  All the various "lost" prototype iPhones over the years were locked remotely by Apple.

Message 6 of 11 (550 Views)
Employee

Those had a kill app in them if I remember correctly. If a password wasn't entered within a timeframe it killed itself

Same cannot he said about the consumer model
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 11 (544 Views)
Highlighted

Perhaps you're right.  I can't rightly exactly recall the circumstances of their being locked and the one article I thought specifically mentioning "remote locking" of the phone I now can't seem to find.

Lack of actual references/evidence puts me at your mercy on this one...

Message 8 of 11 (518 Views)
Master

It is either a kill app or find my iPhone or a stronger version. The lock was not a carrier lock but a lock of the phone capabilities.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 9 of 11 (513 Views)
Expert

youngjm wrote:
It is either a kill app or find my iPhone or a stronger version. The lock was not a carrier lock but a lock of the phone capabilities.

If the iphone is tied to a corporate exchange server it can be remote wiped by the interface. It also forces a access code policy to use the phone, on entering the code wrong 4 times it will force format the phone

Message 10 of 11 (506 Views)
Professor

AT&T can not do nothing. Call CS support have them shut your service to prevent unwanted use.
Message 11 of 11 (459 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.