Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 24, 2012
7:24:21 PM
View profile
iPhone SIM card swapping

I have an existing at&t account with a nothing-special phone. I have a friend who got the new iPhone 4s and is willing to give me his iPhone 3g. I was wondering if I could switch my old SIM card into my new iPhone without paying any more, jailbreaking, or unlocking. If there is no way to do that, does anyone know any trusted sites with instructions and software for jailbreaking/unlocking?

I have an existing at&t account with a nothing-special phone. I have a friend who got the new iPhone 4s and is willing to give me his iPhone 3g. I was wondering if I could switch my old SIM card into my new iPhone without paying any more, jailbreaking, or unlocking. If there is no way to do that, does anyone know any trusted sites with instructions and software for jailbreaking/unlocking?

iPhone SIM card swapping

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2012 7:58:57 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Max69 on Jan 24, 2012 at 7:59:07 PM

You can put your SIM card in the iPhone, but AT&T will automatically add a data plan for you. 

You can put your SIM card in the iPhone, but AT&T will automatically add a data plan for you. 

Re: iPhone SIM card swapping

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2012 8:08:37 PM
(0)
Guru
You can put your SIM card in it and will need to add an iPhone data plan to your account
You can put your SIM card in it and will need to add an iPhone data plan to your account

3 of 4 (1,597 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2012 5:57:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

eli.iphone wrote:

As others have said, there is no way to use an iPhone without at least the $15 200MB data plan (or whatever it is, now) which AT&T will add shortly after you use your sim in any iPhone. This is done automatically - and since it's detected at the radio/tower level there isn't any way around it.

Jailbreaking doesn't change that in the least.

eli.iphone wrote:

As others have said, there is no way to use an iPhone without at least the $15 200MB data plan (or whatever it is, now) which AT&T will add shortly after you use your sim in any iPhone. This is done automatically - and since it's detected at the radio/tower level there isn't any way around it.

Jailbreaking doesn't change that in the least.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,553 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments