Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 10, 2010
1:12:56 PM
View profile
iPhone Rebate and Upgrade & 7 AM Launch Day Opening NEWS

From Macrumors.com:

According to the first report, AT&T will be offering bill credit rebates for users who purchased an iPhone 3GS between May 7th and June 7th, with customers set to receive $50 (16 GB) or $100 (32 GB) if they file a request with the company. The offer is good for 30 days from the date of purchase, with those in the early portion of the purchase window (May 7th through May 14th) having until June 14th to file their requests.

Alternatively, AT&T will offer those iPhone 3GS customers who purchases handsets between May 7th and June 7th the option to upgrade to iPhone 4, only paying applicable price differences. Customers who purchased a "closeout" iPhone 3GS after June 7th are not eligible for these offers.

In its second report, ModMyi's tipster shares a flyer showing that AT&T is planning to open its retail stores at 7:00 AM on the launch day of June 24th. According to the flyer, new customers will only be permitted to activate one new line on iPhone 4, while existing customers will be limited to one iPhone 4 per active mobile number.

From Macrumors.com:

According to the first report, AT&T will be offering bill credit rebates for users who purchased an iPhone 3GS between May 7th and June 7th, with customers set to receive $50 (16 GB) or $100 (32 GB) if they file a request with the company. The offer is good for 30 days from the date of purchase, with those in the early portion of the purchase window (May 7th through May 14th) having until June 14th to file their requests.

Alternatively, AT&T will offer those iPhone 3GS customers who purchases handsets between May 7th and June 7th the option to upgrade to iPhone 4, only paying applicable price differences. Customers who purchased a "closeout" iPhone 3GS after June 7th are not eligible for these offers.

In its second report, ModMyi's tipster shares a flyer showing that AT&T is planning to open its retail stores at 7:00 AM on the launch day of June 24th. According to the flyer, new customers will only be permitted to activate one new line on iPhone 4, while existing customers will be limited to one iPhone 4 per active mobile number.

iPhone Rebate and Upgrade & 7 AM Launch Day Opening NEWS

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2010 1:31:37 PM
(0)
Master

Thank you for sharing.. That's very generous of att. This will make many iphone customers happy! I purchased my 3gs in August so I won't be eligible. Of course I'd like the latest and greatest phone. But that would involve me paying another 200 dollars for a new phone anyhow.

For those of us who will be waiting for the iphone 5.. Imagine how great that one will be! As amazing as the fourth one is.. It can only get better. Or maybe so good it will have a different name to it.

Thank you for sharing.. That's very generous of att. This will make many iphone customers happy! I purchased my 3gs in August so I won't be eligible. Of course I'd like the latest and greatest phone. But that would involve me paying another 200 dollars for a new phone anyhow.

For those of us who will be waiting for the iphone 5.. Imagine how great that one will be! As amazing as the fourth one is.. It can only get better. Or maybe so good it will have a different name to it.

Re: iPhone Rebate and Upgrade & 7 AM Launch Day Opening NEWS

2 of 5 (2,113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2010 1:42:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

Got a quick question on this everyone.

I bought my 3gs on the June 2nd so I'm eligible. So how do we about doing this? Are we able to preorder and send our order to an AT&T store, then take in our old model and exchange it in for the new one?

Or do we just go in launch day, without any preodering hope they have any in stock, and exchange for the model we want then and there?

Got a quick question on this everyone.

I bought my 3gs on the June 2nd so I'm eligible. So how do we about doing this? Are we able to preorder and send our order to an AT&T store, then take in our old model and exchange it in for the new one?

Or do we just go in launch day, without any preodering hope they have any in stock, and exchange for the model we want then and there?

3 of 5 (2,081 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2010 1:47:04 PM
(0)
Professor

Generally you have to return to the point of sale. You might call CS or a corp. store and ask.

Generally you have to return to the point of sale. You might call CS or a corp. store and ask.

4 of 5 (2,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2010 2:20:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

According to the flyer, new customers will only be permitted to activate one new line on iPhone 4…

My brother and I are switching from Verizon and want to open a FamilyTalk plan on the 24th and both buy the new iPhone 4. Does this mean we won't be able to do that? AT&T would make us each buy separate individual plans to get the iPhone 4 on launch day?

According to the flyer, new customers will only be permitted to activate one new line on iPhone 4…

My brother and I are switching from Verizon and want to open a FamilyTalk plan on the 24th and both buy the new iPhone 4. Does this mean we won't be able to do that? AT&T would make us each buy separate individual plans to get the iPhone 4 on launch day?

5 of 5 (2,010 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments