iPhone 4s work w/3G Microcell?

Mentor

iPhone 4s work w/3G Microcell?

Can anyone tell me if the new iPhone 4S will work with my 3G Microcell. I have to use the microcell to get coverage in the house. I realize tat it will slow down the 4G data and that's fine, I mainly need talk and text capability at home. I'm dumping my Samsung Captivate due to Samsung's decision not to upgrade OS beyond Eclaire. Thanks...Joe

Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: iPhone 4s work w/3G Microcell?

There are several people in this post about battery drain saying they have 4S phones.

http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/AT-amp-T-3G-Microcell-Battery-Drain/td-p/2837449

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: iPhone 4s work w/3G Microcell?

Depends on who you ask, apparently.  Mine works ok, no battery drain.  The only issue is the also often reported one in that when I return home it can take a while to reconnect, which was true on the old 3GS also.  Since I get anywhere from 0 to 3 bars of signal from my local towers, that isn't much of a surprise.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support