Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 2, 2012
8:41:43 AM
View profile
iPhone 4s work w/3G Microcell?

Can anyone tell me if the new iPhone 4S will work with my 3G Microcell. I have to use the microcell to get coverage in the house. I realize tat it will slow down the 4G data and that's fine, I mainly need talk and text capability at home. I'm dumping my Samsung Captivate due to Samsung's decision not to upgrade OS beyond Eclaire. Thanks...Joe

Can anyone tell me if the new iPhone 4S will work with my 3G Microcell. I have to use the microcell to get coverage in the house. I realize tat it will slow down the 4G data and that's fine, I mainly need talk and text capability at home. I'm dumping my Samsung Captivate due to Samsung's decision not to upgrade OS beyond Eclaire. Thanks...Joe

iPhone 4s work w/3G Microcell?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2012 9:06:24 AM
(0)
Employee

There are several people in this post about battery drain saying they have 4S phones.

http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/AT-amp-T-3G-Microcell-Battery-Drain/td-p/2837449

There are several people in this post about battery drain saying they have 4S phones.

http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/AT-amp-T-3G-Microcell-Battery-Drain/td-p/2837449

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: iPhone 4s work w/3G Microcell?

2 of 3 (2,020 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 8:00:30 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Kimen on Jan 3, 2012 at 8:01:09 AM

Depends on who you ask, apparently.  Mine works ok, no battery drain.  The only issue is the also often reported one in that when I return home it can take a while to reconnect, which was true on the old 3GS also.  Since I get anywhere from 0 to 3 bars of signal from my local towers, that isn't much of a surprise.

Depends on who you ask, apparently.  Mine works ok, no battery drain.  The only issue is the also often reported one in that when I return home it can take a while to reconnect, which was true on the old 3GS also.  Since I get anywhere from 0 to 3 bars of signal from my local towers, that isn't much of a surprise.

Re: iPhone 4s work w/3G Microcell?

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (1,979 Views)