iPhone 4s work w/3G Microcell?

Mentor

iPhone 4s work w/3G Microcell?

Can anyone tell me if the new iPhone 4S will work with my 3G Microcell. I have to use the microcell to get coverage in the house. I realize tat it will slow down the 4G data and that's fine, I mainly need talk and text capability at home. I'm dumping my Samsung Captivate due to Samsung's decision not to upgrade OS beyond Eclaire. Thanks...Joe

Message 1 of 3 (2,029 Views)
Employee

Re: iPhone 4s work w/3G Microcell?

There are several people in this post about battery drain saying they have 4S phones.

http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/AT-amp-T-3G-Microcell-Battery-Drain/td-p/2837449

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (2,024 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: iPhone 4s work w/3G Microcell?

[ Edited ]

Depends on who you ask, apparently.  Mine works ok, no battery drain.  The only issue is the also often reported one in that when I return home it can take a while to reconnect, which was true on the old 3GS also.  Since I get anywhere from 0 to 3 bars of signal from my local towers, that isn't much of a surprise.

Message 3 of 3 (1,983 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.