Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 10, 2012
12:32:25 PM
View profile
iPhone 4s slowdown downtown
I had bought a 4s a few months ago. I have noticed when I go to work in downtown Pittsburgh the phone is basically useless, especially around noon. I went to the AT&T store a block away and they pretty much told me that there are so many people using the cellular network that it's causing slowdown of their network. Slowdown is a complete understatement. I can't check Facebook, search the web, or even send or receive texts! This is completely ridiculous. This problem should be fixed. Instead they told me just to deal with it. I've been with AT&T for 7 years now and I'm really considering going to Verizon with all the problems I've been having.
I had bought a 4s a few months ago. I have noticed when I go to work in downtown Pittsburgh the phone is basically useless, especially around noon. I went to the AT&T store a block away and they pretty much told me that there are so many people using the cellular network that it's causing slowdown of their network. Slowdown is a complete understatement. I can't check Facebook, search the web, or even send or receive texts! This is completely ridiculous. This problem should be fixed. Instead they told me just to deal with it. I've been with AT&T for 7 years now and I'm really considering going to Verizon with all the problems I've been having.

iPhone 4s slowdown downtown

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2012 1:03:09 PM
(0)
Professor
Sounds like a network issue, nothing to do with your iPhone.
Sounds like a network issue, nothing to do with your iPhone.

Re: iPhone 4s slowdown downtown

2 of 3 (224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2012 3:11:26 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Dryburgg wrote:
Unfortunately, this is not anything the AT&T store can do anything about. The fix is more cell towers or some other type of network enhancements. Hopefully they have upgrades planned for Pittsburgh, but in the meantime you can help by using the Mark the Spot app and let the network engineers know where there are coverage problems. They definitely use the data provided by that app.

Dryburgg wrote:
Unfortunately, this is not anything the AT&T store can do anything about. The fix is more cell towers or some other type of network enhancements. Hopefully they have upgrades planned for Pittsburgh, but in the meantime you can help by using the Mark the Spot app and let the network engineers know where there are coverage problems. They definitely use the data provided by that app.

Re: iPhone 4s slowdown downtown

3 of 3 (206 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments