Helpful Links

iPhone 4s slowdown downtown

Contributor

iPhone 4s slowdown downtown

I had bought a 4s a few months ago. I have noticed when I go to work in downtown Pittsburgh the phone is basically useless, especially around noon. I went to the AT&T store a block away and they pretty much told me that there are so many people using the cellular network that it's causing slowdown of their network. Slowdown is a complete understatement. I can't check Facebook, search the web, or even send or receive texts! This is completely ridiculous. This problem should be fixed. Instead they told me just to deal with it. I've been with AT&T for 7 years now and I'm really considering going to Verizon with all the problems I've been having.
Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: iPhone 4s slowdown downtown

Sounds like a network issue, nothing to do with your iPhone.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: iPhone 4s slowdown downtown

Dryburgg wrote:
I had bought a 4s a few months ago. I have noticed when I go to work in downtown Pittsburgh the phone is basically useless, especially around noon. I went to the AT&T store a block away and they pretty much told me that there are so many people using the cellular network that it's causing slowdown of their network. Slowdown is a complete understatement. I can't check Facebook, search the web, or even send or receive texts! This is completely ridiculous. This problem should be fixed. Instead they told me just to deal with it. I've been with AT&T for 7 years now and I'm really considering going to Verizon with all the problems I've been having.
Unfortunately, this is not anything the AT&T store can do anything about. The fix is more cell towers or some other type of network enhancements. Hopefully they have upgrades planned for Pittsburgh, but in the meantime you can help by using the Mark the Spot app and let the network engineers know where there are coverage problems. They definitely use the data provided by that app.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support