Wireless Forums

Posted Nov 7, 2011
3:23:10 PM
View profile
iPhone 4s quality problem
I have missed a dozen calls since upgrading to the 4s from the 4 recently. The mute / silence button on the side of the phone refuses to stay in the on/ ring position. What ever happened to quality control on these things? I should expect these kinds of things when you open the box, turn it on and see a bunch of Chinese mumbo-jumbo on the screen. Apple is not an American company anymore. I wonder how many months it would take to get my phone back if I had to send it off for repairs?
I have missed a dozen calls since upgrading to the 4s from the 4 recently. The mute / silence button on the side of the phone refuses to stay in the on/ ring position. What ever happened to quality control on these things? I should expect these kinds of things when you open the box, turn it on and see a bunch of Chinese mumbo-jumbo on the screen. Apple is not an American company anymore. I wonder how many months it would take to get my phone back if I had to send it off for repairs?

iPhone 4s quality problem

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 3:32:33 PM
(0)
Guru
You could go into a Apple store, if you have one near by, and walk out with a replacement in about 10 minutes!
You could go into a Apple store, if you have one near by, and walk out with a replacement in about 10 minutes!

Re: iPhone 4s quality problem

2 of 5 (513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 3:56:15 PM
(0)
Guru

When anything is manufactured in mass quantities, like electronics, vehicles, etc, you would expect some to have flaws. Do you think every car made by GM is perfect? I think your expectations are way too high. Like Facci said, take it to your local Apple store and they will exchange it.

Wired68 wrote:

When anything is manufactured in mass quantities, like electronics, vehicles, etc, you would expect some to have flaws. Do you think every car made by GM is perfect? I think your expectations are way too high. Like Facci said, take it to your local Apple store and they will exchange it.

Wired68 wrote:

3 of 5 (501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 4:09:25 PM
(0)
Contributor
Actually, I have never expected much from Chinese suppliers, but I generally do expect more from Apple. Odd as that sounds. I've had an iPhone since version one, and never had the slightest issue until now, and I think what aggravated me more than anything else was the missed calls, some of which were quite important. The nearest store is a full six hour round trip which doesn't make it any better of course. I will be calling them in the morning and hope they have them in stock.
Actually, I have never expected much from Chinese suppliers, but I generally do expect more from Apple. Odd as that sounds. I've had an iPhone since version one, and never had the slightest issue until now, and I think what aggravated me more than anything else was the missed calls, some of which were quite important. The nearest store is a full six hour round trip which doesn't make it any better of course. I will be calling them in the morning and hope they have them in stock.

4 of 5 (494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 5:04:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
It says right on the back of the iPhone, "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China." So yup, Apple is half American and half foreign.

Exchanging the phone is probably the idea of the day. The next one will probably fare better off for you to use.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

It says right on the back of the iPhone, "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China." So yup, Apple is half American and half foreign.

Exchanging the phone is probably the idea of the day. The next one will probably fare better off for you to use.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (478 Views)