iPhone 4s and unlimited data plan

Scholar

Re: iPhone 4s and unlimited data plan

7:00 AM EDT this morning I grabbed my IP4 and went into the Apple Store App.  Ordered the black 64GB and when it got to the screen to select my data plan, the option for Unlimited was there at the bottom.  This was the easiest thing I have ever ordered from anywhere.  Phone was ordered by 7:04 AM with expected delivery on Oct 14th.

Message 31 of 80
Contributor

I just ordered the iPhone 4S on AT&T's website. As a grandfathered unlimited user the option to continue unlimited data for $30 was an option when buying the phone. For whatever reason there is an alert noting that unlimited data plan for iPhone must be change; however, you are able to reselect unlimited data once again before you complete your purchase. I opted to order online via AT&T because they do have the 30 day buyer's remorse return policy if something goes wrong, but as for now everything looks good. Good luck to all!
Message 32 of 80
Contributor

I was told that after you order your iPhone 4S from Apple, AT&T will styill contact you after activating the phone and inform you of the data plan incompatibility. Big Fail IMP AT&T, your going to lose a loayl customer to verizon, even though they dont have unlimited data.

Message 33 of 80
Professor

808 Warrior wrote:
I just ordered the iPhone 4S on AT&T's website. As a grandfathered unlimited user the option to continue unlimited data for $30 was an option when buying the phone. For whatever reason there is an alert noting that unlimited data plan for iPhone must be change; however, you are able to reselect unlimited data once again before you complete your purchase. I opted to order online via AT&T because they do have the 30 day buyer's remorse return policy if something goes wrong, but as for now everything looks good. Good luck to all!

so basiclly you got to keep your unlimited data plan right?  i have the unlimited data plan and i want to keep it.

Message 34 of 80
Contributor

I ordered iPhone 4S 64Gb earlier today and it allowed me to keep my unlimited data plan

Tags (1)
Message 35 of 80
Contributor

I just got off the phone with an AT&T representative and they assured me that I would be able to keep my data and messaging plan and that the only thing that would change is my phone.

If wrong, then it looks like I'll be going to Sprint.

Message 36 of 80
Contributor

{Please keep it courteous}.....forgive and move on

Message 37 of 80
Contributor

Just ordered mine on ATT.com.

Same as 808Warrior, they said i had to change the plan (unlimited plan was the default) but i didnt and it stll let me procede with the purchase. So fingers crossed they dont try and do a quick one and change the plan once its activated.

Message 38 of 80
Teacher

Also preordered this morning on the AT&T website. When I saw that Unlimited Data would be removed (since I should be grandfathered in), I had a 'what the f' moment. I did a Google search and saw people were reporting that once you get past that screen, you have the option of getting "Unlimited Data for 4S." It's the default option.
Message 39 of 80
Contributor

I haven't read all the pages in this thread, but...

I just pre-orded via Apple.com and the Unlimited WAS an option.
Message 40 of 80
Scholar

I am trying to call about the unlimited plan and cannot get a live person.

Message 41 of 80
Mentor

I ordered through Apple this morning and it was a breeze (apple store app - which works great btw).  Kept my unlimited plan (it was an option) and the phone will be here on the 14th.  Done and Done. 

Message 42 of 80
Tutor

I stayed up very late to order, got half way through (selected delivery) then got an error! When I try to go back through it says I need to cancel my order but I don't have one! I called Apple and they said they see the same error for me but can't find an order either! They can't figure out what to do!!!
Message 43 of 80
Mentor

All good with Apple for me -- did the reservation thing around 4am central, got the "complete your order" email around 6am and finished checking out a little while ago (got fed up with it and went to sleep for couple hrs)

My $40 voice and $5 texting plans automatically showed up, asked me to change my data plan but my $30 unlimited was still an option on there so I picked that and then I was done

Shows "will deliver by Oct 14" so they'll probably ship Tues/Wed using 2-3 day shipping -- hopefully theres a shipping warehouse near me so that I can get it a day earlier lol

Message 44 of 80
Former Community Manager

akoxeno wrote:

I am trying to call about the unlimited plan and cannot get a live person.

If you already have an unlimited data plan, you will be able to keep it when you upgrade to the iPhone4S.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 45 of 80
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support