iPhone 4s and unlimited data plan

Professor

Re: iPhone 4s and unlimited data plan

the Unlimite goes away when you give the service up. a friend of mine transfered her account to another person in her family. she lost her unlimited data plan this is what she told me.

Message 76 of 80
Contributor

Well it appears that if you have the unlimited plan  and you become one of the top five percent of the the users they will slow (throttle) your speed.  If you purchase a tierred plan (3GB or 5GB) then you remain at the top speed, but of couse pay more and pay for any overages..

I question this:  Unlimited is unlimited.  No speed reduction.  If you purchase a new plan?  What? The unlimited was a purchased plan....it should remain as purchased.  Grandfathered yes, as in its original state.  If you cut the service then the agreement is not being met...right?  They send a message to you and tell you they are cutting your speed.  When you call their office to question it, they say to buy a tierred plan we reduce your speed.  Ummm does anyone else see something wrong with this?  ATT is big, dependable,. and the best service around BUT if they are trying to force a change to their unlimited plan then what does that do to their reputation.  Be careful.  Do not use your UNLIMTED plan to much...or you will be at a snails pace.  

Message 77 of 80
ACE - Expert

As was posted many times on this forum, there is a "fair use policy" in your contract. Unlimited is only as unlimited as AT&T says it is.
When AT&T started unlimited data, there wasn't netflix, satellite radio and all the other high use data items. Therefore, the have now enforced the "fair use policy" in your contract. If AT&T determines that 2 GB is fair use unless you pay for more, then according to the contract, they have the contract verbage to do what they want when you exceed what they determine is your "unlimited" amount of data.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 78 of 80
ACE - Professor

sadtail wrote:

Well it appears that if you have the unlimited plan  and you become one of the top five percent of the the users they will slow (throttle) your speed.  If you purchase a tierred plan (3GB or 5GB) then you remain at the top speed, but of couse pay more and pay for any overages..

I question this:  Unlimited is unlimited.  No speed reduction.  If you purchase a new plan?  What? The unlimited was a purchased plan....it should remain as purchased.  Grandfathered yes, as in its original state.  If you cut the service then the agreement is not being met...right?  They send a message to you and tell you they are cutting your speed.  When you call their office to question it, they say to buy a tierred plan we reduce your speed.  Ummm does anyone else see something wrong with this?  ATT is big, dependable,. and the best service around BUT if they are trying to force a change to their unlimited plan then what does that do to their reputation.  Be careful.  Do not use your UNLIMTED plan to much...or you will be at a snails pace.  

Somehow you missed the raging discussion on this last week, and the many threads discussing it from every possible angle, and the press releases (in OCTOBER) from AT&T, and the press since.

There is nothing wrong with this. This is how for profit companies work.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 79 of 80
Highlighted
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 80 of 80
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support