iPhone 4s Upgrade - Am I still able to get Unlimited Data?

Contributor

iPhone 4s Upgrade - Am I still able to get Unlimited Data?

[ Edited ]

On a family plan, all phones are available to upgrade. Upgrading from an iPhone 4 which previously was a 3gs.

Have had unlimited data the entire time, no plan changes and now seeing this image when I try to complete the order.

If this still leaving me on my unlimited plan or has it changed it for me like it says? When I go to plan options i only see Business and Personal data plans in the 256 to 2 gig ranges.

I don't want to change anything in my plan, just upgrade my phone. Anyone know?

Message 1 of 8 (2,787 Views)
Contributor

Re: iPhone 4s Upgrade - Am I still able to get Unlimited Data?

Most posts I've read say yes, but I want to be sure too before I upgrade

Message 2 of 8 (2,635 Views)
Contributor

I saw that as well and I hit the brakes on my pre order. It specifically said that I can keep my unlimited data plan no matter what, even if I upgrade or switch types of smartphone. If they are planning on taking that away then I shall take my business to Sprint. Hoping to get an answer on this soon because I was all ready to upgrade today.

Message 3 of 8 (2,607 Views)
Contributor

I talked to an ATT rep this morning. You are still grandfathered into unlimited internet usage. The plan is technically changing because the new 4S uses HSPA connection. So what that message essentially tells you is that it's switching you to the HSPA plan but it is still unlimited if you had that in the past. Yay!

Message 4 of 8 (2,476 Views)
Teacher

I had this same problem this morning. When I clicked on the "Change" icon I did not have a unlimited data option. I only saw cappaed data options. I ordered the phone anyway and just selcted a random data option. Then I called ATT and the sales rep was not pleased with me for selecting a random data option. He said he would try to change it to unlimited. He claimed he was able to change it, although I have no proof of this until my phone arrives.The sales rep said it should say unlimited data on the box. In your case, I would recommend you order over the phone if you cannot access the unlimited data option online. The sales rep said he can upgrade the phone for me next time over the phone and make sure I keep my data plan even though it was not shown as a option when I tried online.
Message 5 of 8 (2,230 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was having the same concerns too this morning and was weary of proceeding with the preorder.
Which number did you call koler69? Thanks.

Message 6 of 8 (2,141 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

I have my phone under my job which is a Business Premiere account or something like that. Anyways, The number I called is 1800-331-0500. I think I hit the number options correlating to upgrading a phone and it sends you to a sales rep.
Message 7 of 8 (2,108 Views)
Teacher

Ok I think I figured it out. I went back and did some sample orders. If you order the new iPhone 4s and don't hit change next to the data field..it will keep whatever data plan you currently have. If you click on it and select one of the other data options a warning will come up saying that you will loose your unlimited data. So this must mean the default option is keeping a unlimited data if you already have it. I guess it says that it must add a data add on package for the new phone but by default it keeps your grandfathered unlimited unless you specifically choose another data plan
Message 8 of 8 (1,863 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.