Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 10, 2011
11:36:06 AM
View profile
iPhone 4s - First outgoing call always fails?
Edited by MJB0188 on Nov 10, 2011 at 11:42:04 AM

Why is this?  I have reset the network settings numerous times on my 4s and it still does this.  Very annoying.  Anyone else getting this?

EDIT:  Doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time.

Why is this?  I have reset the network settings numerous times on my 4s and it still does this.  Very annoying.  Anyone else getting this?

EDIT:  Doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time.

iPhone 4s - First outgoing call always fails?

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 12:32:55 PM
(0)
Explorer

See this massive thread: http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/Delay-when-placing-calls/td-p/2692837

Summary: It's been going on for 1.5 years, AT&T knowledges (not publicly) that it's a bug, eventually will be "fixed"

See this massive thread: http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/Delay-when-placing-calls/td-p/2692837

Summary: It's been going on for 1.5 years, AT&T knowledges (not publicly) that it's a bug, eventually will be "fixed"

Re: iPhone 4s - First outgoing call always fails?

2 of 8 (1,380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 12:47:45 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks for that.  Looks like its defintely a bug.  Any idea on when a firmware update will be available for the MicroCell.  Other than this, I love it.  

Thanks for that.  Looks like its defintely a bug.  Any idea on when a firmware update will be available for the MicroCell.  Other than this, I love it.  

3 of 8 (1,375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 12:59:54 PM
(0)
Explorer
No one outside AT&T/Cisco knows. The communication from AT&T regarding the issue has been pitiful.
No one outside AT&T/Cisco knows. The communication from AT&T regarding the issue has been pitiful.

4 of 8 (1,371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 3:33:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have the same issue.  Here's a workaround that works for me:

Turning off cellular data solved the issue compltetely.  Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data

Good news: I have not had the "call failed" issue since turning off cellular data.

Bad news: Visual voice mail and find my iPhone do not work with cellular data turned off.

For now, I set a reminder when I leave home to turn on cellular data.  Also when I get back home to turn off cellular data.  

Keeping my fingers crossed for a firmware update someday.

I have the same issue.  Here's a workaround that works for me:

Turning off cellular data solved the issue compltetely.  Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data

Good news: I have not had the "call failed" issue since turning off cellular data.

Bad news: Visual voice mail and find my iPhone do not work with cellular data turned off.

For now, I set a reminder when I leave home to turn on cellular data.  Also when I get back home to turn off cellular data.  

Keeping my fingers crossed for a firmware update someday.

5 of 8 (1,354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 9:02:14 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks for sharing that.  I'm gonna try it. 

Thanks for sharing that.  I'm gonna try it. 

6 of 8 (1,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2011 12:58:32 PM
(0)
Scholar

Turning off Cellular Data does improve the MicroCell experience.  Calls complete on the first try and it just seems to work overall much better.  

Turning off Cellular Data does improve the MicroCell experience.  Calls complete on the first try and it just seems to work overall much better.  

7 of 8 (1,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2011 3:42:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

Glad that helped....

I would like to think it is a temporary solution.

Glad that helped....

I would like to think it is a temporary solution.

8 of 8 (1,318 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments