iPhone 4s - First outgoing call always fails?

Scholar

iPhone 4s - First outgoing call always fails?

[ Edited ]

Why is this?  I have reset the network settings numerous times on my 4s and it still does this.  Very annoying.  Anyone else getting this?

EDIT:  Doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time.

Message 1 of 8 (1,402 Views)
Explorer

Re: iPhone 4s - First outgoing call always fails?

See this massive thread: http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/Delay-when-placing-calls/td-p/2692837

Summary: It's been going on for 1.5 years, AT&T knowledges (not publicly) that it's a bug, eventually will be "fixed"

Message 2 of 8 (1,390 Views)
Scholar

Thanks for that.  Looks like its defintely a bug.  Any idea on when a firmware update will be available for the MicroCell.  Other than this, I love it.  

Message 3 of 8 (1,385 Views)
Explorer

No one outside AT&T/Cisco knows. The communication from AT&T regarding the issue has been pitiful.
Message 4 of 8 (1,381 Views)
Tutor

I have the same issue.  Here's a workaround that works for me:

Turning off cellular data solved the issue compltetely.  Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data

Good news: I have not had the "call failed" issue since turning off cellular data.

Bad news: Visual voice mail and find my iPhone do not work with cellular data turned off.

For now, I set a reminder when I leave home to turn on cellular data.  Also when I get back home to turn off cellular data.  

Keeping my fingers crossed for a firmware update someday.

Message 5 of 8 (1,364 Views)
Scholar

Thanks for sharing that.  I'm gonna try it. 

Message 6 of 8 (1,357 Views)
Scholar

Turning off Cellular Data does improve the MicroCell experience.  Calls complete on the first try and it just seems to work overall much better.  

Message 7 of 8 (1,339 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Glad that helped....

I would like to think it is a temporary solution.

Message 8 of 8 (1,328 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.