Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 14, 2011
12:37:17 PM
View profile
iPhone 4s Eligibility

I went to purchase new iPhones for my wife and myself today. My upgrade went perfect, according to plan but when I went to upgrade my wife's phone, she wasn't eligible because I guess technically in the system her bill is less than a certain amount each month. This is absolutely absurd that because she is the second line on a family plan that she can't upgrade her phone until April of 2012... We pay a good chunk of change to AT&T monthly and would like to continue service with them but if they don't fix this, we may have to switch to another carrier. Besides, AT&T's coverage isn't that great in our area to begin with...

I went to purchase new iPhones for my wife and myself today. My upgrade went perfect, according to plan but when I went to upgrade my wife's phone, she wasn't eligible because I guess technically in the system her bill is less than a certain amount each month. This is absolutely absurd that because she is the second line on a family plan that she can't upgrade her phone until April of 2012... We pay a good chunk of change to AT&T monthly and would like to continue service with them but if they don't fix this, we may have to switch to another carrier. Besides, AT&T's coverage isn't that great in our area to begin with...

iPhone 4s Eligibility

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 12:41:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Good luck going to another carrier. They have rules for upgrades too, but I believe they don't have earlier upgrades for primary lines like AT&T does. They give the primary a greater benefit because technically more money is paid on the primary line (majority of the minute plan and any family messaging). If it weren't for that, you would be able to upgrade yet either.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Good luck going to another carrier. They have rules for upgrades too, but I believe they don't have earlier upgrades for primary lines like AT&T does. They give the primary a greater benefit because technically more money is paid on the primary line (majority of the minute plan and any family messaging). If it weren't for that, you would be able to upgrade yet either.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: iPhone 4s Eligibility

2 of 2 (388 Views)