iPhone 4S upgrade

Contributor

iPhone 4S upgrade

I bought an iPhone 4 (16GB) in April with a 2-year contract, and am interested in getting the iPhone 4S (16GB). However, I obviously haven't completed my 2-year contract and am not eligible for an upgrade anytime soon.

I was wondering  **How much money does a black iPhone 4S (16GB) cost, without the discount from upgrading? 

(I keep seeing different $'s)  

Also, I saw posts where Apple, and a few other companies/stores have certain deals for iPhone owners, like trading in an older model iPhone for a discount on the newest model iPhone.  **Does AT&T also have a deal like this, but more specifically for trading a used iPhone 4 in to purchase an iPhone 4S at a discounted price, or not even specifically to get an iPhone 4S discounted but to just sell them it and get cash/credit?  **If AT&T does, are there any stipulations in the deal, or are there any in selling them an iPhone 4?  **Around how much money would an AT&T store discount off a black iPhone 4S (16GB), for a black iPhone 4 (16GB) in relatively good condition and without upgrade eligibility?  **Or if getting a discount towards buying a 4S isn't an option, how much might a black iPhone 4 (16GB) in relatively good condition sell at an AT&T store? Also what does apple give for an iPhone 4?

++I would be extremely grateful for any answers or info to any of my questions

Message 1 of 4
Scholar

Re: iPhone 4S upgrade

Full cost of the iPhone 4S 16GB is $649. AT&T appears to be allowing early upgrades for the partially discounted price of $449 if you still haven't completed your contract. You can check eligibility through Apple or AT&T's website (I found it easier to do on Apple's site, though).

https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/wa/IPAToolAction/springboard

I don't think AT&T has a trade-in program but Apple does: link. You get an Apple gift card, though, so I don't see how you could use those funds for your iPhone purchase unless you've got an old phone you can use in the meantime.

However, your iPhone will probably fetch a higher price on Craigslist or ebay. The rates on Amazon trade-in also appear to be pretty decent if you don't want to deal with the hassle of selling your phone. Going with CL/ebay/Amazon allows you to buy your replacement iPhone 4S before you get rid of your iPhone 4. You also get a gift card with Amazon, but personally, I have more use for an Amazon gift card than I do an Apple gift card (particularly now with the holidays approaching).

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Professor

Radio Shack also has a trade-in program.

Message 3 of 4
Tutor

i think ebay would be your best bet. A 16gb ip4 sells for around $300

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support