iPhone 4S tethering? Where is it?

Contributor

iPhone 4S tethering? Where is it?

After activation...I noticed my option for tethering is not in my settings...I am paying for it. So wanted to know where it is? Or where's the provisioning profile to activate tethering. Because I'm not going to pay $45.00 if i can't tether with the 4s....

 

any help with this would be great, thanks.

Message 1 of 20 (79,312 Views)
Professor

Re: iPhone 4S tethering? Where is it?

Can you pay only $20/month at Verizon for data + hotspot? I thought their $20 hotspot plan has to be added on top of their standard 2GB data plan, not that you could get the 2GB hotspot plan only.
Message 16 of 20 (57,919 Views)
Expert

Re: iPhone 4S tethering? Where is it?


dcortez wrote:

I just checked my 3GS account on line and it does provide the tethering option for $45/mo up to 4 GB of data per month for my old IPhone 3GS.  So I guess it will work.

 

I checked w Verizon. If I move them the tethering for the 4S is $20/mo for 2G of hot spot/tethering data per month.

Or they sell a $99 hot spot device that will provide 4 GB via the faster 4G network. But $20/mo.

 

Hard to decide.


Might want to review that closer, this is the Smartphone / basic data plan cost that verizon shows - cheapest with tethering / mobile hotspot for a phone is 50.00

 

Message 17 of 20 (57,917 Views)
Guru

Re: iPhone 4S tethering? Where is it?


wingrider01 wrote:

dcortez wrote:

I just checked my 3GS account on line and it does provide the tethering option for $45/mo up to 4 GB of data per month for my old IPhone 3GS.  So I guess it will work.

 

I checked w Verizon. If I move them the tethering for the 4S is $20/mo for 2G of hot spot/tethering data per month.

Or they sell a $99 hot spot device that will provide 4 GB via the faster 4G network. But $20/mo.

 

Hard to decide.


Might want to review that closer, this is the Smartphone / basic data plan cost that verizon shows - cheapest with tethering / mobile hotspot for a phone is 50.00

 


In the interest of full disclosure, it should be noted that--although yes AT&T does offer the less-expensive 4 GB hotspot plan of the two--once you go over 4GB (hotspot or not), VZW data plans are less expensive than the AT&T ones...and yes, I realize AT&T does not currently offer 5/7/10/12 GB tiered data plans but if you pad the AT&T 4 GB plan appropriately to match the VZW plans, AT&T data pricing for 5+ GB comes out to be higher than VZW. The AT&T fanboys will undoubtedly argue that it doesn't matter that VZW's pricing for 5+ GB is cheaper since most folks don't use more than 2 GB of data/month anyways, but that's besides the point... Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 20 (57,902 Views)
Expert

Re: iPhone 4S tethering? Where is it?


tonester wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

dcortez wrote:

I just checked my 3GS account on line and it does provide the tethering option for $45/mo up to 4 GB of data per month for my old IPhone 3GS.  So I guess it will work.

 

I checked w Verizon. If I move them the tethering for the 4S is $20/mo for 2G of hot spot/tethering data per month.

Or they sell a $99 hot spot device that will provide 4 GB via the faster 4G network. But $20/mo.

 

Hard to decide.


Might want to review that closer, this is the Smartphone / basic data plan cost that verizon shows - cheapest with tethering / mobile hotspot for a phone is 50.00

 


In the interest of full disclosure, it should be noted that--although yes AT&T does offer the less-expensive 4 GB hotspot plan of the two--once you go over 4GB (hotspot or not), VZW data plans are less expensive than the AT&T ones...and yes, I realize AT&T does not currently offer 5/7/10/12 GB tiered data plans but if you pad the AT&T 4 GB plan appropriately to match the VZW plans, AT&T data pricing for 5+ GB comes out to be higher than VZW. The AT&T fanboys will undoubtedly argue that it doesn't matter that VZW's pricing for 5+ GB is cheaper since most folks don't use more than 2 GB of data/month anyways, but that's besides the point... Smiley Wink



the point was not to prove that, although people tend to jump on it immediately, the point was to show that thast is no 20.00 stand alone tethering plan offered from verizon

Message 19 of 20 (57,898 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

Re: iPhone 4S tethering? Where is it?


wingrider01 wrote:

tonester wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

dcortez wrote:

I just checked my 3GS account on line and it does provide the tethering option for $45/mo up to 4 GB of data per month for my old IPhone 3GS.  So I guess it will work.

 

I checked w Verizon. If I move them the tethering for the 4S is $20/mo for 2G of hot spot/tethering data per month.

Or they sell a $99 hot spot device that will provide 4 GB via the faster 4G network. But $20/mo.

 

Hard to decide.


Might want to review that closer, this is the Smartphone / basic data plan cost that verizon shows - cheapest with tethering / mobile hotspot for a phone is 50.00

 


In the interest of full disclosure, it should be noted that--although yes AT&T does offer the less-expensive 4 GB hotspot plan of the two--once you go over 4GB (hotspot or not), VZW data plans are less expensive than the AT&T ones...and yes, I realize AT&T does not currently offer 5/7/10/12 GB tiered data plans but if you pad the AT&T 4 GB plan appropriately to match the VZW plans, AT&T data pricing for 5+ GB comes out to be higher than VZW. The AT&T fanboys will undoubtedly argue that it doesn't matter that VZW's pricing for 5+ GB is cheaper since most folks don't use more than 2 GB of data/month anyways, but that's besides the point... Smiley Wink



the point was not to prove that, although people tend to jump on it immediately, the point was to show that thast is no 20.00 stand alone tethering plan offered from verizon


My bad--I missed the part about the person mentioning that there was a $20 Hotspot plan...

Message 20 of 20 (57,855 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.