iPhone 4S pre-order delivery may take a while...

Highlighted
Tutor

iPhone 4S pre-order delivery may take a while...

[ Edited ]

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with '*Agent Name Removed*'

*Agent Name Removed*: Hello, Mr. {Personal content removed for your safety} . I will be more than happy to provide information on your order status.

you: I should also note that the Order Date is listed as the 8th when I placed the order and received a confirmation email on the 7th.

*Agent Name Removed*: I will be glad to look into your order. I apologize for the inconvenience.

*Agent Name Removed*: Please verify the last four digits of your Social Security number.

you: 0880

*Agent Name Removed*: Thank you for verifying.

*Agent Name Removed*: Please allow me 2-3 minutes to review your order information, Mr. 

you: Thank you.

*Agent Name Removed*: Thank you for waiting.

*Agent Name Removed*: I can advise you that the device will be delivered within 21 to 28 days.

*Agent Name Removed*: Your shipment may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes. Items in your cart will be held until all items in your order can be sent in one shipment. Next day or Saturday delivery not available in all areas. Delivery not available on Sunday.

you: If my device will not be arriving on October 14th, I would like to request that you waive the $18 upgrade fee. I believe the point of a pre-order is so that a phone can be obtained the day it is released.

*Agent Name Removed*: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

*Agent Name Removed*: I do apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the device availability and order rampage, there is no way I can confirm that your upgrade fee will be waived, Mr..

you: It seems appropriate that your ordering system would include information before the order is place that items will arrive later than the date the phone is available. In addition, the first email that was sent to me indicated 14-21 days, and now I am being told 21-28 days. I would not have pre-ordered if I would have known it was going to take up to 4 weeks to receive the item.

*Agent Name Removed*: I understand the frustration.

you: Thank you for your concern, and I know your hands are most likely tied on this issue. I will likely call and speak to a representative if the phone indeed arrives as late as your system is indicating it will. Of further concern is the fact that in upgrading one of the other lines on my account several months ago, I was told both that I would have my upgrade fee waived due to wait time and that I would have a $25 credit added to my bill because I was required to go to the store to activate. Neither were the case, and I had to call customer service who reluctantly waived only the upgrade fee. I have always praised AT&T's customer service, but I am not pleased with the last to interactions with AT&T.

you: last two interactions

*Agent Name Removed*: I apologize.

*Agent Name Removed*: At this time, we don't have any definite report back on the orders.

you: Thank you for your time.

*Agent Name Removed*: You are welcome.

*Agent Name Removed*: Is there anything else that I can assist you with, Mr. ?

you: No, thank you.

*Agent Name Removed*: Thank you for selecting AT&T as your service provider.  We appreciate your business.  It has been my pleasure assisting you today.  Have I answered all of your concerns today? Please click the close button to end your session.  A customer satisfaction survey will automatically appear and we would appreciate your feedback.

Message 1 of 2 (1,444 Views)
Scholar

Re: iPhone 4S pre-order delivery may take a while...

You don't need to remove all those 'Agent-Name' references, they do not use their actual names, nor do they use the same name every shift hey work.

Message 2 of 2 (983 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.