Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 16, 2011
7:13:13 PM
iPhone 4S is a joke!
Really! I can't believe anybody who already has an iPhone 4 would waste their money on a 4S just over a few added features. Seriously, I would think twice before getting this phone if you already have a 4.
Really! I can't believe anybody who already has an iPhone 4 would waste their money on a 4S just over a few added features. Seriously, I would think twice before getting this phone if you already have a 4.

iPhone 4S is a joke!

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 7:22:10 PM
(0)
Tutor
co-sign......... I only got it because I was still on my 3GS which was terribly slow...
co-sign......... I only got it because I was still on my 3GS which was terribly slow...

Re: iPhone 4S is a joke!

2 of 21 (886 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 7:29:37 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by graphite07 on Oct 16, 2011 at 7:44:35 PM

Jmdeluca05 wrote:

Speak for your self. i like it and the features it has on it. Apple can't please everyone!!!   the Iphone is faster and the camera takes better pictures.

Jmdeluca05 wrote:

Speak for your self. i like it and the features it has on it. Apple can't please everyone!!!   the Iphone is faster and the camera takes better pictures.

hello!!!

[ Edited ]
3 of 21 (870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 7:44:04 PM
(0)
Scholar

Jmdeluca05 wrote:

So have you actually used ut? Do you own it?

I ask because I would want it for its much improved camera and Siri although with the economy the way it is I'll probably wait until something happens to my iPhone 4 or the economy improves, whichever happens first.

Jmdeluca05 wrote:

So have you actually used ut? Do you own it?

I ask because I would want it for its much improved camera and Siri although with the economy the way it is I'll probably wait until something happens to my iPhone 4 or the economy improves, whichever happens first.

4 of 21 (839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 7:51:32 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Drelltheman on Oct 16, 2011 at 7:52:19 PM
Sold iPhone 4 for $300 and bought 16GB 4S. Only paid about $20 for new phone after taxes and apple care. Not bad. That's reason one. Reason two is there are better features as mentioned.
Sold iPhone 4 for $300 and bought 16GB 4S. Only paid about $20 for new phone after taxes and apple care. Not bad. That's reason one. Reason two is there are better features as mentioned.

[ Edited ]
5 of 21 (824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 8:06:20 PM
(0)
Professor

Drelltheman wrote:

my iphone 4 sold for 250$ on craigslist, soon after i posted it i had 15 emails from people wanting to buy it. i paid 215$ for the 4S with tax so i made 35$ profit. i paid 215$ for the Iphone4 laster year.

Drelltheman wrote:

my iphone 4 sold for 250$ on craigslist, soon after i posted it i had 15 emails from people wanting to buy it. i paid 215$ for the 4S with tax so i made 35$ profit. i paid 215$ for the Iphone4 laster year.

hello!!!

6 of 21 (799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 8:08:51 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by mikelowery on Oct 16, 2011 at 8:13:05 PM

How are u guys getting it for the upgrade price if you bought your 4 last year???

How are u guys getting it for the upgrade price if you bought your 4 last year???

[ Edited ]
7 of 21 (794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 8:13:18 PM
(0)
Professor

mikelowery wrote:
How are u guys getting up for the upgrade price if you bought your 4 last year???

my wife used my upgrade 2 years ago, and i used hers  a while back i was due for a upgrade in september 22nd so i used it saturday. and she had a upgrade due also she got a white iphone 4. becuase she got my 3gs and ysed that for a year.

so it worked out great for both of us.

mikelowery wrote:
How are u guys getting up for the upgrade price if you bought your 4 last year???

my wife used my upgrade 2 years ago, and i used hers  a while back i was due for a upgrade in september 22nd so i used it saturday. and she had a upgrade due also she got a white iphone 4. becuase she got my 3gs and ysed that for a year.

so it worked out great for both of us.

hello!!!

8 of 21 (779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 8:15:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ahhhhhh gotcha.... the ole "use the other line" upgrades lol

Ahhhhhh gotcha.... the ole "use the other line" upgrades lol

9 of 21 (767 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 8:27:26 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hey,
If your making money on it, then that's a great reason. Just my personal thoughts after trying one that it's not worth wasting an upgrade on or buying one at a discounted price if you already have a 4. Those 2 year contracts are pricey to cancel. Plus, you know there is an iPhone 5 that will be out in the summer of 2012. Siri is a beta and who actually uses their phone as their only camera.

The only thing great about it is the great prices I'm getting on buying 4's.

Anyway, this is just my review.
Hey,
If your making money on it, then that's a great reason. Just my personal thoughts after trying one that it's not worth wasting an upgrade on or buying one at a discounted price if you already have a 4. Those 2 year contracts are pricey to cancel. Plus, you know there is an iPhone 5 that will be out in the summer of 2012. Siri is a beta and who actually uses their phone as their only camera.

10 of 21 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 8:32:56 PM
(0)
Professor

Jmdeluca05 wrote:
Hey,

No garantee the Iphone 5 will be out summer of 2012.  its all hear say *APPLE* never said hey we are making a Iphone 5 with a 4.5 inch screen.  it's all hear say...i will believe it when i see it.

Jmdeluca05 wrote:
Hey,

No garantee the Iphone 5 will be out summer of 2012.  its all hear say *APPLE* never said hey we are making a Iphone 5 with a 4.5 inch screen.  it's all hear say...i will believe it when i see it.

hello!!!

11 of 21 (442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 8:46:36 PM
(0)
Tutor
That is true, but we all know Apple likes to put out new things quite often. There is a lot of potential to expand on the 4S capabilities.
That is true, but we all know Apple likes to put out new things quite often. There is a lot of potential to expand on the 4S capabilities.

12 of 21 (433 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 8:57:24 PM
(0)
Professor

Jmdeluca05 wrote:

show me a link or something vaild  from apple that states  the iphone 5 is coming next year lol......

Jmdeluca05 wrote:

show me a link or something vaild  from apple that states  the iphone 5 is coming next year lol......

hello!!!

13 of 21 (419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 8:09:33 AM
(0)
Teacher
and i would think twice before accepting random stranger advice on the internet.
and i would think twice before accepting random stranger advice on the internet.

14 of 21 (351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 8:25:52 AM
(0)
Mentor

Jmdeluca05 wrote:
Siri is a beta and who actually uses their phone as their only camera.

Thats one of the reasons to upgrade to the 4S is so you dont have to carry another camera or video camera anymore. the quality of the photos and video are very competitive with top cameras. Not to mention 1080p video... thats worth the upgrade right there.

Jmdeluca05 wrote:
Siri is a beta and who actually uses their phone as their only camera.

Thats one of the reasons to upgrade to the 4S is so you dont have to carry another camera or video camera anymore. the quality of the photos and video are very competitive with top cameras. Not to mention 1080p video... thats worth the upgrade right there.

15 of 21 (341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 8:37:49 AM
(0)
Mentor
I was on the 3gs and my wife on my handed down 3g. The deal was we both get 4s or none. Sucks to be married lol. So now we have a 2g 3g 3gs and 2 4s's. Lol. Now my kids all have their own iphones to play games. My son has the 3gs now with ios 5 since i upgraded it and now texts me from home with wifi lol. He is a excited. I wasnt even going to get the 4s. But we walked into the att store just to check out the 4s and i figured it would be sold out but the store was empty and we picked up 2. Lol
I was on the 3gs and my wife on my handed down 3g. The deal was we both get 4s or none. Sucks to be married lol. So now we have a 2g 3g 3gs and 2 4s's. Lol. Now my kids all have their own iphones to play games. My son has the 3gs now with ios 5 since i upgraded it and now texts me from home with wifi lol. He is a excited. I wasnt even going to get the 4s. But we walked into the att store just to check out the 4s and i figured it would be sold out but the store was empty and we picked up 2. Lol

16 of 21 (332 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 8:44:46 AM
(0)
Professor

Apple will have a new phone next year.  The business plan of Apple is based on shearing the sheep updating the devices every year.

Apple will have a new phone next year.  The business plan of Apple is based on shearing the sheep updating the devices every year.

17 of 21 (324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 9:00:35 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by tonester on Oct 17, 2011 at 9:01:44 AM

Jmdeluca05 wrote:

Short of getting an 4s because their 4 is broken and out of warranty (for which I can see where it would make more sense to pay $199 for a 16 GB 4s rather than pay $199 for an out-of-warranty replacement refurbed 4) or perhaps finding a sucker who is willing to pay $199 or more for your used 4, I can offer the following real reasons why these folks felt that they NEEDED to switch from a 4 to a 4s:

1) Cool factor--they're no longer "cool" if they're sporting a 4 and their buddies are sporting 4s phones

2) Tacit acknowledgment that their 4 doesn't do the job any more, contrary to what they were saying only a little over a year ago when the 4 first came out, spouting about how it was the "best smartphone EVAR"

3) All of the above

What's funny--if not silly and/or ridiculous--is that Apple could have chosen not to include one or more of the four new major changes/features that distinguish the 4s from the 4 (Siri, 1080p camera, HSPDA, faster processor) and I'd be willing to bet that many of these same iPhone 4 users would still upgrade to a 4s...but hey, in our consumeristic society common sense doesn't always trump vanity.

Ah, iPhone 4...we barely knew you--LOL!!!! Smiley Wink

Jmdeluca05 wrote:

Short of getting an 4s because their 4 is broken and out of warranty (for which I can see where it would make more sense to pay $199 for a 16 GB 4s rather than pay $199 for an out-of-warranty replacement refurbed 4) or perhaps finding a sucker who is willing to pay $199 or more for your used 4, I can offer the following real reasons why these folks felt that they NEEDED to switch from a 4 to a 4s:

1) Cool factor--they're no longer "cool" if they're sporting a 4 and their buddies are sporting 4s phones

2) Tacit acknowledgment that their 4 doesn't do the job any more, contrary to what they were saying only a little over a year ago when the 4 first came out, spouting about how it was the "best smartphone EVAR"

3) All of the above

What's funny--if not silly and/or ridiculous--is that Apple could have chosen not to include one or more of the four new major changes/features that distinguish the 4s from the 4 (Siri, 1080p camera, HSPDA, faster processor) and I'd be willing to bet that many of these same iPhone 4 users would still upgrade to a 4s...but hey, in our consumeristic society common sense doesn't always trump vanity.

Ah, iPhone 4...we barely knew you--LOL!!!! Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]
18 of 21 (312 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 9:07:26 AM
(0)
Tutor
I know I stirred up a lot of controversy with my opinion on the 4S, but Apple does collect data on their phones, so they can make them better. Has anyone ever thought that the 4S was just released for Apples benefit. Read the history on Siri. I also found it weird that they stuck with the same style. Maybe to test the A5? That's a lot of power to put in a phone if you think about it. I'm still under the impression something huge will be out in the summer of 2012. On a side note, did anyone notice how Apple is really starting to integrate all their devices together.
I know I stirred up a lot of controversy with my opinion on the 4S, but Apple does collect data on their phones, so they can make them better. Has anyone ever thought that the 4S was just released for Apples benefit. Read the history on Siri. I also found it weird that they stuck with the same style. Maybe to test the A5? That's a lot of power to put in a phone if you think about it. I'm still under the impression something huge will be out in the summer of 2012. On a side note, did anyone notice how Apple is really starting to integrate all their devices together.

19 of 21 (301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 9:24:22 AM
(0)
Guru

Jmdeluca05 wrote:

Personally I'd say that the upgraded processor, upgraded networking, upgraded camera, expanded storage option and the addition of Siri make the 4S quite worthy of an upgrade.  Just because it doesn't look different externally doesn't mean that it wasn't quite a useful upgrade.  Personally I'm quite happy with the current form factor.  And while I'd potentially be interested in a larger screen, I'd only really be interested in it if it was also higher resolution.  Taking the same resolution and just spreading it out to a larger screen just makes to phone bigger with no real gain.

As to the next iPhone, I'm expecting that the shift of the iPhone release to the October time-frame will be a permanent shift.  So I figure the iPhone 5 (or whatever they end up calling it) will be out this time next year, but I'm certainly willing to admit I could be wrong.  Either way, I'll likely be picking one up.  I'm kind of curious if there will be a new iOS by then, particularly if it comes out in the late Spring/early Summer timeframe next year.  And if there is a new iOS, whether the phone will be the iPhone 5 or the iPhone 6...

Jmdeluca05 wrote:

Personally I'd say that the upgraded processor, upgraded networking, upgraded camera, expanded storage option and the addition of Siri make the 4S quite worthy of an upgrade.  Just because it doesn't look different externally doesn't mean that it wasn't quite a useful upgrade.  Personally I'm quite happy with the current form factor.  And while I'd potentially be interested in a larger screen, I'd only really be interested in it if it was also higher resolution.  Taking the same resolution and just spreading it out to a larger screen just makes to phone bigger with no real gain.

As to the next iPhone, I'm expecting that the shift of the iPhone release to the October time-frame will be a permanent shift.  So I figure the iPhone 5 (or whatever they end up calling it) will be out this time next year, but I'm certainly willing to admit I could be wrong.  Either way, I'll likely be picking one up.  I'm kind of curious if there will be a new iOS by then, particularly if it comes out in the late Spring/early Summer timeframe next year.  And if there is a new iOS, whether the phone will be the iPhone 5 or the iPhone 6...

20 of 21 (289 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 10:02:22 AM
(0)
Tutor
I've worked with IOS 5 on a few app projects and I think it will be around for the next one. The question for Apple is how do they improve Siri and make the phone thinner while increasing screen size and resolution and still accommodating the new hardware of the 4S. I'm thinking the battery will be challenging.

Although, we all know Apple is not known to make dramatic changes.
I've worked with IOS 5 on a few app projects and I think it will be around for the next one. The question for Apple is how do they improve Siri and make the phone thinner while increasing screen size and resolution and still accommodating the new hardware of the 4S. I'm thinking the battery will be challenging.

Although, we all know Apple is not known to make dramatic changes.

21 of 21 (226 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments