iPhone 4S is a joke!

iPhone 4S is a joke!

Really! I can't believe anybody who already has an iPhone 4 would waste their money on a 4S just over a few added features. Seriously, I would think twice before getting this phone if you already have a 4.
Message 1 of 21
Mentor

Re: iPhone 4S is a joke!

I was on the 3gs and my wife on my handed down 3g. The deal was we both get 4s or none. Sucks to be married lol. So now we have a 2g 3g 3gs and 2 4s's. Lol. Now my kids all have their own iphones to play games. My son has the 3gs now with ios 5 since i upgraded it and now texts me from home with wifi lol. He is a excited. I wasnt even going to get the 4s. But we walked into the att store just to check out the 4s and i figured it would be sold out but the store was empty and we picked up 2. Lol
Message 16 of 21
Professor

Apple will have a new phone next year.  The business plan of Apple is based on shearing the sheep updating the devices every year.

Message 17 of 21
Guru

Jmdeluca05 wrote:
Really! I can't believe anybody who already has an iPhone 4 would waste their money on a 4S just over a few added features. Seriously, I would think twice before getting this phone if you already have a 4.

Short of getting an 4s because their 4 is broken and out of warranty (for which I can see where it would make more sense to pay $199 for a 16 GB 4s rather than pay $199 for an out-of-warranty replacement refurbed 4) or perhaps finding a sucker who is willing to pay $199 or more for your used 4, I can offer the following real reasons why these folks felt that they NEEDED to switch from a 4 to a 4s:

1) Cool factor--they're no longer "cool" if they're sporting a 4 and their buddies are sporting 4s phones

2) Tacit acknowledgment that their 4 doesn't do the job any more, contrary to what they were saying only a little over a year ago when the 4 first came out, spouting about how it was the "best smartphone EVAR"

3) All of the above

What's funny--if not silly and/or ridiculous--is that Apple could have chosen not to include one or more of the four new major changes/features that distinguish the 4s from the 4 (Siri, 1080p camera, HSPDA, faster processor) and I'd be willing to bet that many of these same iPhone 4 users would still upgrade to a 4s...but hey, in our consumeristic society common sense doesn't always trump vanity.

Ah, iPhone 4...we barely knew you--LOL!!!! Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 21

I know I stirred up a lot of controversy with my opinion on the 4S, but Apple does collect data on their phones, so they can make them better. Has anyone ever thought that the 4S was just released for Apples benefit. Read the history on Siri. I also found it weird that they stuck with the same style. Maybe to test the A5? That's a lot of power to put in a phone if you think about it. I'm still under the impression something huge will be out in the summer of 2012. On a side note, did anyone notice how Apple is really starting to integrate all their devices together.
Message 19 of 21

Jmdeluca05 wrote:
I know I stirred up a lot of controversy with my opinion on the 4S, but Apple does collect data on their phones, so they can make them better. Has anyone ever thought that the 4S was just released for Apples benefit. Read the history on Siri. I also found it weird that they stuck with the same style. Maybe to test the A5? That's a lot of power to put in a phone if you think about it. I'm still under the impression something huge will be out in the summer of 2012. On a side note, did anyone notice how Apple is really starting to integrate all their devices together.

Personally I'd say that the upgraded processor, upgraded networking, upgraded camera, expanded storage option and the addition of Siri make the 4S quite worthy of an upgrade.  Just because it doesn't look different externally doesn't mean that it wasn't quite a useful upgrade.  Personally I'm quite happy with the current form factor.  And while I'd potentially be interested in a larger screen, I'd only really be interested in it if it was also higher resolution.  Taking the same resolution and just spreading it out to a larger screen just makes to phone bigger with no real gain.

As to the next iPhone, I'm expecting that the shift of the iPhone release to the October time-frame will be a permanent shift.  So I figure the iPhone 5 (or whatever they end up calling it) will be out this time next year, but I'm certainly willing to admit I could be wrong.  Either way, I'll likely be picking one up.  I'm kind of curious if there will be a new iOS by then, particularly if it comes out in the late Spring/early Summer timeframe next year.  And if there is a new iOS, whether the phone will be the iPhone 5 or the iPhone 6...

Message 20 of 21
Highlighted

I've worked with IOS 5 on a few app projects and I think it will be around for the next one. The question for Apple is how do they improve Siri and make the phone thinner while increasing screen size and resolution and still accommodating the new hardware of the 4S. I'm thinking the battery will be challenging.

Although, we all know Apple is not known to make dramatic changes.
Message 21 of 21
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support