Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 21, 2011
5:31:42 AM
View profile
iPhone 4S and hspa+

I live in the Detroit area and AT&T claims they have hspa+ operating here.  My phone still says 3G, is there any way I can tell/prove I'm getting hspa+?

I live in the Detroit area and AT&T claims they have hspa+ operating here.  My phone still says 3G, is there any way I can tell/prove I'm getting hspa+?

iPhone 4S and hspa+

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2011 6:13:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

No... only speeds will tell.  Unless and until Apple updates iOS to reflect something other than 3G for HSPA networks, it will only show 3G.

No... only speeds will tell.  Unless and until Apple updates iOS to reflect something other than 3G for HSPA networks, it will only show 3G.

Re: iPhone 4S and hspa+

2 of 7 (563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2011 8:23:29 AM
(0)
Guru

Not exactly, because chances are you never got close to the max download speed of HSPA. What you should see is faster overall downloads speeds, and faster speedtest results.

Not exactly, because chances are you never got close to the max download speed of HSPA. What you should see is faster overall downloads speeds, and faster speedtest results.

3 of 7 (542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2011 10:18:53 AM
(0)
Scholar

Ryan_ATL wrote:

Thanks, that's kinda what I thought.   I mostly use WiFi for the internet, will have to test speeds when I'm away from my home/work network.

Ryan_ATL wrote:

Thanks, that's kinda what I thought.   I mostly use WiFi for the internet, will have to test speeds when I'm away from my home/work network.

4 of 7 (519 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2011 11:40:36 AM
(0)
Professor
You can simply turn off WiFi anytime you want to check your cell data speeds when you are in a WiFi area.
You can simply turn off WiFi anytime you want to check your cell data speeds when you are in a WiFi area.

5 of 7 (508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2011 1:43:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I did not know that Detroit had a "4G" market? I guess AT&T is keeping their mouths shut about new system advancements unless they release more press releases...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I did not know that Detroit had a "4G" market? I guess AT&T is keeping their mouths shut about new system advancements unless they release more press releases...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2011 3:49:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I don't think that AT&T publicized HSPA+ coverage like they publicize LTE coverage. I guess HSPA+ isn't worth the marketing dollars.
I don't think that AT&T publicized HSPA+ coverage like they publicize LTE coverage. I guess HSPA+ isn't worth the marketing dollars.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (401 Views)