iPhone 4S White 64 GB Status Thread

Contributor

iPhone 4S White 64 GB Status Thread

Hey all,

Decided to create this thread to see if any other white iPhone 64 gbs had shipping info yet.

Ordered mine on the 7th at around 8 am pst. AT&T non-premier order status indicates:

Order Number: 2539-220793xxxx
Date Ordered: 10/08/2011

Phone is backordered (1) and has no tracking.

Premier status indicates:
Order ID: 1014162613736xxxx
Date Ordered: Oct 7, 2011

First off, there is a differential in dates. Secondly, does anyone else have tracking for the white 64gb models?

If you ordered one..
When did you order?
What does the premier order status indicate?
What does the normal status site indicate?
Do they have different dates?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 20 (2,288 Views)

Re: iPhone 4S White 64 GB Status Thread

Yep I highly suspect there is a problem yet of course customer service is just reading scripts and refuses to investigate or take any initiative to explain any delays.

Ordered: Friday Oct 7

Where: at&t corporate store #1 in line 9am

Qty: 1    64gb white iPhone 4s

Message 2 of 20 (2,269 Views)
Tutor

I ordered one at approx. 7AM EST. on 10/07.  Received confirmation email at 7:05AM EST

Normal site indicates Status In Progress. Qty Ordered (1); Qty Shipped (0); Qty Back Ordered (1); Tracking Number (Pending Shipment).  Site indicates Date Ordered: 10/10/11.

I spoke to ATT customer service last night, the rep verified that when the order was placed at 7:00 on 10.07, the phone was ordered and reserved.  The 10/10 date on the site indicates the date the order was processed at the warehouse.  She stated that since the phone was ordered and reserved early on 10/07, the delivery date will be 10/14, but I may or may not receive tracking info prior to delivery.

Message 3 of 20 (2,259 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the replys.

Still nothing as if yet. Rangu, it's interesting that yours isn't in a backordered state.

The white iPhone 4s, is probably a supply chain nightmare. Not that I'd be surprised if just that model had a problem, the communcation from att is terrible.

Did you guys get one email or two, and did you ever have to accept a new terms of service? I only received one email after ordering on premier...
Message 4 of 20 (2,251 Views)

Rmr11 wrote:
Thanks for the replys.

Still nothing as if yet. Rangu, it's interesting that yours isn't in a backordered state.

The white iPhone 4s, is probably a supply chain nightmare. Not that I'd be surprised if just that model had a problem, the communcation from att is terrible.

Did you guys get one email or two, and did you ever have to accept a new terms of service? I only received one email after ordering on premier...

I thank att who could have warned us before ordering the white 64 that it was in short supply. Att keeps saying the same lame line that if you ordered before 5:30pm on oct 7 you will get it tomorrow. Any attempts to get care agents to deviate off this script and respond in a human manner is futile. I only recieved one email but this was due to me ordering in the brick and mortar store. I also signed the t and c in the store.

Message 5 of 20 (2,225 Views)
Teacher

I ordered a iphone 4s white 64 gb at 7 AM EST. I received a conformation email at 7:05 AM EST. The email said

"Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to be delivered on Oct 14, 2011. "

I ordered from a PC and accepted Ts and Cs when I ordered.

I received another email yesterday.The email said

"We wanted to confirm that your order for iPhone 4S 64GB White on 08-OCT-2011 00:00:00 is still scheduled to be delivered as early as October 14, 2011."

Either way my phone has been  backordered since the order showed up in the system on 10/08. Also when I click this link to check order status:

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status/

The order shows as placed on 10/7 and shows this:

But when I sign into ATT wireless mainpage on a PC and click on the check my order status link it shows that the ordered was entered 10/8. and shows this page:

DATE ORDERED:10/08/2011
SHIPMENT STATUS: BackOrdered Help

Description Help Item Status Help Tracking Number Help Carrier Shipping Date Help Quantity

FREIGHTProcessing Help   1

Various SIMProcessing Help   1

Apple IPH 4S 64GB WHT PHONEProcessing Help   1

Message 6 of 20 (2,185 Views)

Not sure this will help you, but I ordered mine ~8am through Apple. Couldn't upgrade through Premier site (weird error #), so I gave up. My phone is in Kentucky right now.

Message 7 of 20 (2,088 Views)
Contributor

I ordered mine from Apple too. I ordered it on the 7th at approx 6:30 ish AM EST. My phone is also in Kentucky and will be delivered tomorrow via UPS.

Message 8 of 20 (2,050 Views)

Made no attempt to order from AT&T, just went directly through Apple.  My 64GB White 4S just finally had its first status update since it arrived in Kentucky on the 11th.  Looks on track to be delivered tomorrow.

Message 9 of 20 (2,042 Views)
Teacher

I think those of us who ordered through AT&T are not getting our phones tomorrow. Not sure what AT&T did to mess this up, but they did something. Anyone out there who ordered white 64 4s through AT&T have somehtign besides backordered or or processing?
Message 10 of 20 (1,869 Views)
Tutor

Ordered mine at 4:30am EST and it's in TN right now. UPS says it's next day air and should be delivered by end of day tomorrow Smiley Happy

I figures the white 64GB would be a smaller supply so that's why I ordered it so early.
Message 11 of 20 (1,250 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Forgot to mention that I ordered through AT&T
Message 12 of 20 (1,248 Views)
Voyager

iPhone Model:  4S White 64GB

Time Pre-Ordered: 07:00AM EST Friday, 10/7

Method: Online on att.com

Status: Item Status: Processing. Shipment Process: Processing

Additional Info: Until an hour or so ago (noon, EST), my phone was showing as backordered.  All indicators now say "processing" which is a good sign (I hope!) for delivery tomorrow.  I talked to an AT&T rep earlier this morning and she said it would be shipped tomorrow?? Will post an update if/when I receive the shipping notification email with tracking info. 

Just wanted to post to give some hope for those who were also seeing their phones as backordered!

Message 13 of 20 (1,247 Views)
Contributor

Hmm, I haven't seen a change in the backordered status yet.

I don't think my 4S 64GB White will be here tomorrow. I've been on hold waiting for a CSR for the last 46 minutes. Keep updating this thread, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Message 14 of 20 (1,061 Views)
Contributor

ordered my white 64 GB via AT&T 1:30AM 10/7 and in transit with delivery tomorrow
Message 15 of 20 (1,052 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.