Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 7, 2011
5:31:44 PM
View profile
iPhone 4S Upgrade

Thanks.

Hello,

In December of 2009, I signed a two-year contract and got an iPhone 3G for 99$. 

In 2010, I was curious to see when I could upgrade, so I called the *639# thing and it told me in August 2011 I may be eligible for an upgrade. I was like okay, I'll upgrade to the iPhone after iPhone 4.

So, after hearing about the iPhone 4S, I called the number again, and it says I'm eligible in December 2011. That's when my contract started.

Is this a glitch of some sort? 

I'm really confused.

(I think I posted this in the wrong section last time.)

Thanks.

Hello,

In December of 2009, I signed a two-year contract and got an iPhone 3G for 99$. 

In 2010, I was curious to see when I could upgrade, so I called the *639# thing and it told me in August 2011 I may be eligible for an upgrade. I was like okay, I'll upgrade to the iPhone after iPhone 4.

So, after hearing about the iPhone 4S, I called the number again, and it says I'm eligible in December 2011. That's when my contract started.

Is this a glitch of some sort? 

I'm really confused.

(I think I posted this in the wrong section last time.)

iPhone 4S Upgrade

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 6:33:33 PM
(0)
Professor
Were there any changes to your account features or any late payments? August sounds like the standard 20-month upgrade date, but something kicked your date back out to 24 months. A couple of late payments could cause that, as well as dropping features (in other words, reducing the amount you pay AT&T per month). You may have to call customer service for the real answer to your specific situation. We'd just be guessing.
Were there any changes to your account features or any late payments? August sounds like the standard 20-month upgrade date, but something kicked your date back out to 24 months. A couple of late payments could cause that, as well as dropping features (in other words, reducing the amount you pay AT&T per month). You may have to call customer service for the real answer to your specific situation. We'd just be guessing.

Re: iPhone 4S Upgrade

2 of 2 (354 Views)