iPhone 4S SEVERE ISSUES w/ hearing and making incoming outgoing calls

Teacher

iPhone 4S SEVERE ISSUES w/ hearing and making incoming outgoing calls

MY problems are:

Placing an outgoing call and immediately after pressing the call button, putting it to my ear. This will cause both parties to not hear each other. Happens 40% of the time.

I get a metallic distorted sound and can hear my voice echo while trying to place a call. 100% call failure. Happens 40% of the time.

I can hear the person I am calling but they can not hear me. Happens 20% of the time. I then toggling from speaker to iphone so they can hear me. This works about 75% of the time.

Using the car Bluetooth system  to dial through phone will fail 50% of the time in 2 ways:

- metallic distorted sound (no phone ringing)

- no outgoing sound (no phone ringing)

VERY ANNOYING!

ATT said that it was a bad SIM card, but the new one does the same thing - Also have done a compleat restore and still have the problems...

Message 1 of 5 (950 Views)

Re: iPhone 4S SEVERE ISSUES w/ hearing and making incoming outgoing calls

This sounds like a phone hardware issue which AT&T can't help you with. I would make an appointment with your nearest Apple Genius bar. They will either fix or replace your phone.

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

chris81106 wrote:

MY problems are:

Placing an outgoing call and immediately after pressing the call button, putting it to my ear. This will cause both parties to not hear each other. Happens 40% of the time.

I get a metallic distorted sound and can hear my voice echo while trying to place a call. 100% call failure. Happens 40% of the time.

I can hear the person I am calling but they can not hear me. Happens 20% of the time. I then toggling from speaker to iphone so they can hear me. This works about 75% of the time.

Using the car Bluetooth system  to dial through phone will fail 50% of the time in 2 ways:

- metallic distorted sound (no phone ringing)

- no outgoing sound (no phone ringing)

VERY ANNOYING!

ATT said that it was a bad SIM card, but the new one does the same thing - Also have done a compleat restore and still have the problems...

Message 2 of 5 (946 Views)
Master

My wife's phone had the same issue.  See Apple and they will replace your phone.  Make an appointment at www.apple.com/retail  

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 5 (941 Views)
Professor

my Black 4S was doing some of this also.. took it back i did not make a appointment with the Genius bar,i went back to to apple store saturday. first i got told come back tuesday,then another employee spoke with me told me to reserve  a 16 Gb in the color of my choice for the exchange.got email from apple telling it was available for pick on sunday,went back got checked in told meto wait in a long line **NOPE** walked in told a employee my name and reason why i am doing a exchange he said ok, 15 minutes later white 4S iphone inhand and a phone that works.

Message 4 of 5 (934 Views)

+1 Genius Bar.

I'm sure you can get a replacement fairly soon. Sounds like a definite hardware issue.
Message 5 of 5 (920 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.