iPhone 4S SEVERE ISSUES w/ hearing and making incoming outgoing calls

Teacher

iPhone 4S SEVERE ISSUES w/ hearing and making incoming outgoing calls

MY problems are:

Placing an outgoing call and immediately after pressing the call button, putting it to my ear. This will cause both parties to not hear each other. Happens 40% of the time.

I get a metallic distorted sound and can hear my voice echo while trying to place a call. 100% call failure. Happens 40% of the time.

I can hear the person I am calling but they can not hear me. Happens 20% of the time. I then toggling from speaker to iphone so they can hear me. This works about 75% of the time.

Using the car Bluetooth system  to dial through phone will fail 50% of the time in 2 ways:

- metallic distorted sound (no phone ringing)

- no outgoing sound (no phone ringing)

VERY ANNOYING!

ATT said that it was a bad SIM card, but the new one does the same thing - Also have done a compleat restore and still have the problems...

Message 1 of 5

Re: iPhone 4S SEVERE ISSUES w/ hearing and making incoming outgoing calls

This sounds like a phone hardware issue which AT&T can't help you with. I would make an appointment with your nearest Apple Genius bar. They will either fix or replace your phone.

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

chris81106 wrote:

MY problems are:

Placing an outgoing call and immediately after pressing the call button, putting it to my ear. This will cause both parties to not hear each other. Happens 40% of the time.

I get a metallic distorted sound and can hear my voice echo while trying to place a call. 100% call failure. Happens 40% of the time.

I can hear the person I am calling but they can not hear me. Happens 20% of the time. I then toggling from speaker to iphone so they can hear me. This works about 75% of the time.

Using the car Bluetooth system  to dial through phone will fail 50% of the time in 2 ways:

- metallic distorted sound (no phone ringing)

- no outgoing sound (no phone ringing)

VERY ANNOYING!

ATT said that it was a bad SIM card, but the new one does the same thing - Also have done a compleat restore and still have the problems...

Message 2 of 5
Master

My wife's phone had the same issue.  See Apple and they will replace your phone.  Make an appointment at www.apple.com/retail  

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 5
Professor

my Black 4S was doing some of this also.. took it back i did not make a appointment with the Genius bar,i went back to to apple store saturday. first i got told come back tuesday,then another employee spoke with me told me to reserve  a 16 Gb in the color of my choice for the exchange.got email from apple telling it was available for pick on sunday,went back got checked in told meto wait in a long line **NOPE** walked in told a employee my name and reason why i am doing a exchange he said ok, 15 minutes later white 4S iphone inhand and a phone that works.

Message 4 of 5

+1 Genius Bar.

I'm sure you can get a replacement fairly soon. Sounds like a definite hardware issue.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support